visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

Comments

• Very nice and a clever re-design for the stone walls.

The screwdriver holder on the wall by the lathe caught my attention.
  • Thanks Bryan.
  • Amazing Ken, you literally raise the bar and outdo yourself with each new build.
  • So much great stuff going on in there Ken!
  • He’s not slow, he’s just thinking…about how to make this kit his own. Always a pleasure Ken
  • Great work Ken, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks much Brett. Really enjoyable build.

Appreciate the note Emery...really enjoyed detailing and placing the 3D printed detail parts...great stuff and can't wait for more.

You get me Al! lol...method to the madness and thanks.

Hey Stephen, appreciate the kind words and expression!
  • Amazing and very creative take on this classic structure! Love all your details. They are placed and weathered to perfection. Hard to tell them from the real thing! I always look forward to your builds each one gets more creative and better.
  • Really appreciate your note here Tom, means a great deal. The interior work has chewed up both time and detail parts that's for sure! Always nice to get past a major portion of a build.
  • Ken, your attention to detail is truly professional grade. This is a diorama I would have to see in person to truly appreciate. I would need to bring my stool so I could sit and study each detail at length. Then, you add to an already great kit a lower level. Unbelievable!! Can't wait to see what you have in that room. Thanks for posting. Phil
  • Hi Phil, so nice hearing from you. Honored to get such a nice note my friend. As I have mentioned previously, I have one LP in every diorama. The LP is not obvious and has to be looked for...that lower level of the machine shop is a hint...lol.
    Thanks again Phil and talk soon.
  • Incredible work as always. Love your take on this build. So many fantastic little scenes.
  • Hey Joel, appreciate that sir! Things are gelling with this project nicely. Wasn't sure, at the onset, the direction I was going with it. Had some issues to work out in my mind but believe those have been settled. Working on the roof of the main structure and the boiler house. The jib crane is done and installed and turned out better than I had expected. Not all that far from beginning the scenic work...

Thanks again for the note and keep in touch. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Ken
  • edited September 2021
    Update on my Eureka Springs build. I have the removable main roof completed save for weathering. Not sure what I'm going to do here, still mulling it over. Decided on a raised rib roofing material for the look I was after.

IMG_1375

IMG_1383

IMG_1390

I decided to build a small shed to place out front under the service pole. This will add an interesting detail as well as balance out the diorama which is "heavy" towards the left rear! Lol...The little shed will have lots of rotten areas along the bottom, as sheds tend to do...I wanted the framing to show through the areas I'm planning on having the boards a bit rotten so spliced in strip wood framing where I wanted it (see photo below). More later...Ken

IMG_1387
  • Love the look of the roof! How did you make the roof so it is removable? Can't wait to see what you do with the exterior and detailing.
  • Thanks much Tom. The roof is removable by Brett’s design. You build the roof by lightly tacking the trusses to the end walls and then the support boards are glued to just the trusses and not gabled walls, glue down the roof material and then carefully pry up the trusses and done! Genius design...
  • Definitely coming together. Waiting to see your magic with the integration with the scenery.....Rick
  • Thanks Rick
  • Ken great work as usual!
  • edited September 2021
    You know Ken, the Engine house looks fantastic, but it seems that you went a little lite on the grunge you usually do. Which is ok.
  • Thanks Pappy.

Right Stephen, a bit lower on the Grunge scale!
  • Nothing but excellence!
  • Coming together nicely.
  • Fantastic,well done !
  • And I like it very much this way Ken on the grunge scale.
  • Another very nice build if I might say.. Another one I'd like to see in O scale... :wink: Curious about the shed....
  • Appreciate that Rusty.

Slow but sure Bryan.

Thanks much Richard and really nice hearing from you.

Thanks for the support Stephen. Things evolved to a more refined structure than originally planned or designed.

Thanks Robert.
  • Finished up the small, scratch built, shed for the Eureka Springs diorama. This will allow some interesting detailing once planted and the scenic works gets underway

IMG_1434

IMG_1436

IMG_1437

IMG_1438
  • and there's the grunge! Wonderful.