visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

Comments

• Ken, your outdoor shots are fantastic and really show the detail you put into your builds. Outstanding. I really enjoy your unique crafting vicariously. I just don't have the skill or imagination to get to this detail, nor do I think I want to. LOL Phil
  • You are too kind Phil! If anything...I'm enthusiastic. Thanks much my friend.
  • I am curious what it means when you keep having to tell yourself:
    "This is HO Scale, This is HO Scale, This is HO Scale..."
  • I agree. Amazing work!
  • Thanks Brett, really appreciate it. Sticking to 1:87 as long as my eyes and hands can take it! lol.

Hey Tom, appreciate the support.

• Just catching up after a bit of a break. What fantastic work. What an inspiration to the rest of us. Each scene tells a little story. Sadly my vocabulary is lacking to describe how great this is.
  • Hi Joel, Really nice hearing from you! We all need breaks my friend and I have been under the radar as well dealing with elderly parent issues. Hard to concentrate on modeling at times, but hey, that's why it's a hobby.

Thanks so much for your kind words here, means a great deal and came at a wonderful time as I need a boost in my modeling mojo!lol. Keep in touch and look forward to your continued camaraderie.
  • Just an extraordinary example of what 1:87 can be!
  • Ken, sorry to hear about the elderly parent issue. It is time consuming and a labor of love. I hope all goes well. It's a good thing modeling is therapeutic. Phil
  • Thanks Tom!

Hey Phil, yes..it is a process and stressful for sure...thanks for the morale support.
  • edited July 2021
    Once again in need of dusting off this build thread. I have been moving along steadily on Eureka Springs just not posting...I decided it's just not as much fun modeling without sharing progress.

Here is a vertical boiler I'm working on...in the fuzzy background is the steam engine this boiler will be powering...more later. Ken

IMG_1078
  • boiler looks great! glad to see you're back ken. i hope all's well.
  • Ken, welcome back. Your weathering is spot on. Very good. Phil
  • Thanks Kevin, all good here...

Appreciate the note Phil.
  • Glad you're back. I have missed your great work!
  • Thanks for the note Tom.
  • Incredible detail that you brought to life in that boiler, Ken. Wow!
    Sorry to hear about your parents and what must be a difficult time for the family.
  • Hey Bill, nice hearing from you! Thanks for your thoughts on the boiler here...progress albeit small. I just finished planting it in the boiler house along with the steam engine. Piping was a challenge in this scale but came out OK I think. Cheers my friend...
  • Love the boiler. The level of detail, especially in the weathering is fantastic. My eyes cross just thinking about trying this level of detail. (That's experience talking)....Rick
  • That is an outstanding job on an important detail. Great to see more progress!
  • Hey Rick, nice hearing from you and appreciate your thoughts. Just joined the boiler up with the steam engine and planted it in the "building". Next up to detail the building and connect to the line shaft...

Thanks much Brett. All walls are up, the Machine Shop is done and all interior details are done except for along the last wall where the line shaft runs. Much yet to do...
  • that's a tease is i've ever heard one.
    pics please :)
  • Hey Kevin, appreciate you my good man. Want to get the building done first before posting any pics but wanted you to know I am getting some work done!
  • oh, okay. we'll gladly wait...
  • Boiler turned out great
  • The boiler detail is fantastic. Can't wait to see the whole scene but take your time.
  • Waiting on me should be something you're used to!

Thanks Bryan, and it looks much better paired with the steam engine.

Hey Joel. Appreciate that and the entire mini-scene should come together soon. Working out a couple issues...
  • Progress shot on the steam engine and boiler area...much more detailing to do here prior to planting on the diorama...

IMG_1091
  • Outstanding!.....Rick
  • i'll say. damn....