visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

Comments

• Thanks Stephen.

I'm not in the database Bryan...at least I don't think I am! Lol
  • Ken, thanks for the details on the 3D parts. My favorite is the soda crate. Outstanding work. Phil
  • I have a sheet of soda crate labels which I suspect/hope can be adapted to Brett’s sized crate..I’ll dig it out and upload for the group’s use if okay with Brett….pretty sure I got the sheet from someone else on this forum
    Terry
  • brownbr said:

We have your fingerprints now.

nyah, ah aaaah

• Amazing detail work. looking forward to seeing them buried in a scene. Getting to my favourite stage.
  • Ken thanks for your help. It's appreciated.

Lots to learn here with the detail parts.

Jerry
  • Hey Phil, you are welcome and thanks.

Appreciate that Joel. When I post the final pictures I will point out the 3D parts included in each scene.

You bet Jerry, anytime.
  • That would be great Terry! We are looking forward to the labels.
    Thanks!
  • Pap… they’re the same labels that Tom posted over on the other thread…I’ll be manipulating the size in Photoshop so they fit Brett’s castings
    Terry
  • Thanks Terry.
    I down loaded Tom's labels and also re-sized using adobe Illustrator.
    Just thought you had different labels.

Pap
  • And Tom's thread would be?
  • Thanks Karl. And Ken I think you about nailed the color of the old pale green glass coke bottles. What color did you use? With a clear coat the would be really close I'm guessing.
  • Used some Polly Scale Reading Green. Reaper Brilliant Green is close to this as well.
  • The Engine House at Eureka Springs is finished! Was hoping to get some pictures today but the weather did not cooperate. Will post soon...on to the next thing...
  • Looking forward to seeing what I know will be incredible pictures.
  • You all here must have a boat load of Polly Scale/floquil paints.
    None in my inventory.
    I have tons of reaper paints and not sure if I want to spend more money on AK paints.
    Again Great job Ken!!
  • Thanks Karl, nice to finally button up a big project like this...

Right Pappy, I had a big inventory of Polly Scale and Floquil and Brett's Reaper set so don't need much else side for a few additional colors.
  • Outdoor pics might not be until June unless you move south.
  • Managed to get a reasonably good afternoon to take a few pictures of my completed Eureka Springs dio. The plan is to post some general shots and later on I'll get some individual scene and detail pics. When illustrating the detailed scenes I'll point out the new SWSM 3D parts I utilized. A few shots show the removable roof a bit "wonky" here and there. I'll give that some attention before putting this project to bed.

IMG_1739

Opted for an open concept on the side of Eureka with the spur track. Jib crane would never have fit under the original awning roof! Note the wonky metal roof line...fixable...but not today.

IMG_1755

IMG_1756

IMG_1757
    My version of the Machine Shop. I made this a two story structure and incorporated the hillside for visual interest.

IMG_1759

IMG_1747

IMG_1749

IMG_1750

IMG_1760

More later...Ken
  • Well, as expected, I'm blown away.
    Some serious time is now needed to scrutinize, digest and marvel at this incredible work.
  • Unreal Ken! Another masterpiece.
  • Unbelievable work Ken!!!
    Between you and Karl's work I think I need to take a break and digest all the fantastic work you folks do before moving on.
  • LOVE IT!

This will make a great background should you ever want to photograph some locomotives or rolling stock that you build.
  • edited November 2021
    it sounds trite, but i am speechless. gobsmacked.
  • Ken we do not complement each other but I will say you have done a outstanding job.....C?L
  • Ken, You are the master! And some big WOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Just amazing work. Almost makes me want to go back to HO. Incredible what you can achieve. Looking forward to many more builds and many more fantastic scenes.
  • Thanks Karl, means a great deal. Feels good to finally have this one done.

Appreciate that Pete and nice hearing from you.

Thanks much Pappy, enjoying following along with your thread on Scotia...

Hey Thanks Bryan. I have a Shay locomotive that I could stage...nice idea.

Nice thing to say Kevin!...

Appreciate that Carl and we can certainly fix that!

Thanks Stephen...certainly not...but I am enthusiastic and keep my nose to my work!...how else can I see this little stuff! Lol.

Thanks so much Joel. Now that will be something to get you as a convert back to HO! What was the last HO build you did?

• This is definitely another award winning diorama. The hillside was an excellent idea. Everything looks so natural. Fantastic work Ken.