visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

Comments

• Nice hearing from you Robert and appreciate the comment here.

Hey Terry, thanks for that and plan on planting that shed very soon.
  • I began incorporating some of Brett's spectacular 3D parts in my Eureka Springs build. The interior was essentially done when these parts became available so few of the 3D parts made it into the interior. However, I am including a good number in the exterior detailing. Just had to post this single detail that I just finished up. Well, I may add some clear coat on the bottles yet.

This kind of detail in HO...just incredible. Well played Brett and Emery!

IMG_1517
  • this is looking great Ken.
  • I recently bought some also and am looking forward to incorporating them into my dioramas. Nice painting , especially on the crate.
  • Superb job there Ken. Man those things are small.
  • I agree, fantastic work with the details Ken!
    We much appreciate time spent to share with others.
  • Thanks Stephen and nice hearing from you.

Just finished the galvanized wash tub and trash can...great stuff and so easy to work with, zero clean up and they paint and weather great. Nice to hear you picked some up as well Tom.

Thanks Emery and appreciate your efforts on these 3D parts...you both a killing it!

Hey Pappy, thanks so much. It is nice to step back from a big project and give the small individual details some attention and calling out these 3D parts is particularly nice!
  • Hey Ken, just ordered a lot of Brett's newest 3D parts and should arrive by the end of this week.
    Hope you can share if you can the paints and weathering methods on these little puppy's that you suggest. :smile:
    Again, keep up your fantastic work!!

Pappy
  • Sounds good Pappy!...we can have a SWSM 3D parts detailing session...
  • edited October 2021
    that would be awesome :smiley:
  • Great little detail. You will like the way they look with a clear gloss coat.
  • edited October 2021
    Wonderful Ken, all you O Scale modelers get a real sense of just how small HO is when you see a pic like this! What's so incredible about the 3D Printing process is the detail is the same no matter the size. Ken has really nailed the look of an old soda crate.
  • I keep getting amazed by what some HO modelers can do.... And Ken is one of them for sure...
  • Exceptional detailing of the surrounding area. Making the building even more realistic. A fine job your there Ken.

Jerry
  • Just fantastic work. Wonderful to follow along and marvel at your build.
  • I'll give that a go Bryan and yes they are wonderful details...awesome stuff.

Thanks so much Brett. Your 3D detail parts are really nice to work with and paint and detail wonderfully.

Thanks Robert, it does test the eyes and steady hand that's for sure.

Appreciate that Jerry, next update will be a bit more substantial! Lol.

Hey Joel, thanks for you nice comments here and checking in, always nice hearing from you.
  • edited October 2021
    Working my way around to the west side of the main engine house, detailing the exterior as I go. Here are a few more samples of the wonderfully detailed HO scale 3D details from SierraWest Scale Models that I am incorporating into my Eureka Springs build:

IMG_1539

Flat Truck Tire. Painted Grimy Black and weathered with pigments. I put a small amount of Epoxy in the bottom inside of the hollow, yes hollow like the real thing!, tire to simulate water collecting inside.

IMG_1544

Screw Jack from the "Screw Jack Mix" collection. One of three screw positions. This one is in the middle. Primed with brown spray paint. Painted yellow, screw painted with metallic, and light rust pigments.

IMG_1573

Exceptionally detailed gas can from the "Tin Gas Can Mix" collection. Body painted with silver metallic, top with aged bronze, and weathered with pigments. Final detailing in place with some fuel stains.

IMG_1551

Wood barrel from the "Wooden Barrels" collection. Primed with flat black. Painted with roof brown and dry brushed with lighter tones. Ribs highlighted with graphite.

IMG_1553

Various wood creates from the "Wooden Crate Mix" collection. Photo has the wood a bit washed out but really shows the detail of these amazing pieces. Treated similar to the wood barrel.
  • edited October 2021
    The screw jack is exemplary.
  • Hey thanks my friend! Nice hearing from you...
  • Fantastic work Ken!! and thanks for the suggested paint and weathering on these small puppy's!!
  • I'm glad you are doing the HO......Outstanding Work.....I will stick to the O Scale....my eyes have gotten smaller....and my fingers bigger.....like I've said before.....Looks realer than real does....
  • Great work on those details. A shame one needs to enlarge the photos so much to actually appreciate the quality of the casting and the paintwork...
  • You bet Pappy and thanks.

The 1:87 scale is a challenge when it comes to small details that's for sure. Appreciate your thoughts here Al.

Thanks Robert, those small details are a bit tough to photograph.
  • Wow, what an incredible example of what can be done in HO Scale...
  • edited October 2021
    These are great Ken. The flat truck tire is something I never really thought about but they do usually flop a bit when they sit for long upright, never really been done properly as a detail before. The water in the bottom really brings it home. I've gotten wet by that foul water many times, or worse fix-a-flat.
  • So excellent and in HO no less.

Jerry
  • How you do it is beyond me buddy. Those look spectacular. I honestly did not think the printer could do this tiny of details in HO. Once painted with your skill, I can now see that it actually does show up. Great work.
  • Such a wonderful "canvas" to work on Brett! Thanks for providing such a wonderful detail line.

Hi Steve. Right, something as simple as a tire can be such a nice detail if printed correctly and Brett nailed it for sure.

Thanks Jerry, make sure you drop me an e-mail regarding your question.

Appreciate that Emery! I bet it's nice to see your work come full circle...

I'll be posting these and some additional details over on the 3D parts thread as well.
  • this is looking great Ken.
  • We have your fingerprints now.