visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the Engine House at Eureka Springs

1789101113»

Comments

• Well hey Jim, Nice hearing from you! I thank you for that and appreciate you taking the time to wade in here.
  • Ken, I so appreciate your comment. Without you and others support, I would have not have progressed this far in this hobby.
    Thanks again, and keep up your fantastic work.
  • Absolutely speechless seeing the work you have done here, Ken. You continually raise the bar in terms of what can be accomplished in diorama modeling in any scale, but especially HO. Such a focused attention to detail, all accompanied by photography of the highest caliber. My hat off to you, sir.

Cheers,

George
  • This is quite remarkable Ken. I had seen the final photos before but really got a chance to study them this afternoon. Your modeling has always been superb but I have to say you are achieving some new levels. I looked at some of your work from a few years ago and I think taking your foot a little off the grunge pedal has also been a good thing. No matter the grunge level this is as good as it gets.
  • Sorry for the late reply here guys...

Thanks much George, I certainly appreciate the kind words here. Eureka Springs progressed so much better than I had anticipated. I went into it not entirely sure how I was going to address some of the ideas and issues I had. Discussed a few of these with Brett and "chewed" on them for a bit. Such a great kit and really pleased to add this piece to the collection. Shifting gears and getting into Shelby's Marine...will be posting a few pics soon to get the thread started.

Hey Mike, so nice to hear from you and thank you for your comments here. Coming from you it means a great deal. I appreciate your take on the comparison, as it's difficult sometimes to see when looking from the inside...thanks so much for your camaraderie and again for all you do.
  • Ooooohhh... Looking really forward to your take on Shelby's, that will be another "must see" build to follow.
  • Hey Karl, I'm looking forward to Shelby's as it will be my first stab at a waterfront project. I'll be getting the thread started soon as I completed the front lower wall to see how the paint "peel" was going to look. Happy with it so I can now proceed with the main structure remaining walls and so on...
  • Shelby's! Cannot wait...
  • Brett, Have been researching and planning this build for a few months now and wow, what a fantastic kit this is! The main structure is so unique and is going to be a blast to work up. Gathering some promo material and such prior to beginning the build thread. I'll be polling the experts here once I get to the much anticipated "water pour"...
  • edited January 2022
    Good, Ken. You do all the research and planning because Shelby’s is next for me after BlueSky is finished. Anxiously waiting your posts….
  • Ha...there ya go Al, too bad as we could build them together. On the other hand, as slow as I am, you will probably catch up anyway!
  • A suggestion Ken, think about adding lights for the interior of the main building because there is so much detail there, it can't be seen without them.
  • I'm lighting challenged! Lol. The machine shop addition and bottom floor of the machine shop are lit but not the main engine house. The roof is removable so at least things are observable that way but you are right, I should get my lighting better squared away. I'll look a full lighting maybe for Shelby's that I'm working on now. Wouldn't be impossible to add lighting to Eureka Springs...will think about that.

IMG_1762

Roof removed...
  • Great view on a stunning build !!! Yes Shelby's, another 'wish it was in O scale available' kit.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • Exquisite detail, all believable, from every angle.

Cheers

George
  • Thanks Robert, Shelby's is a fantastic kit and such an icon for SierraWest Scale Models. The kit was introduced in May of 1998 and was wildly popular...more on that when I get my build thread going shortly.

Hey George, appreciate that my friend.
  • Thanks Chris.
  • Love seeing that overhead shot again. Really reminds us of the wonderful integration between details, structure, and scenery. I too am "lighting challenged".
  • 258229276_1085364642234429_1178238926081528477_n

The light coming in those back windows in this shot is unreal, so unreal it is real. Incredible.
  • Indeed it is !!! Tip: next time place the setting on your camera on macro, and F8 . You will have a sharp photo from the front till the end.. Just give it a try. :wink:
  • I use to be lighting challenged and would to procrastinate about doing it, but I bit the bullet and learned something about it and now can't do without it.
  • edited January 2022
    Thanks much Ben and nice hearing from you!

Can that be done on the iPhone 12 Robert? That's another thing I'm "challenged" with and that's my own phone! Lol.

Good advise Stephen. I have procrastinated as well and vow to correct that from now on.
  • I just use a small Nikon Coolpix digital camera, nothin' fancy... :blush:
  • Chris.
    I would have liked to thank you for your kind words on my Engine house but I see it has been removed .
    I assume it is not good enough to be in Mr Karnes thread.
    Just Saying.
  • edited January 2022
    Carl, it is most definitely good enough to be included in Ken's thread (and you most certainly know how much I admire your modeling) but it had turned the thread into a discourse on lighting. No need to take it personally. You are more than welcome to start a NEW thread about your lighting. I have received complaints from many members about thread hijacking.
  • Let's bump this build thread up for a Thanksgiving treat...