visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Lineside maintenance and supply facility....AKA....my build of Kit #315.....

14567810»

Comments

• That coal dock is a neat addition to the scene. You are incorporating a lot of interesting features into this module. Can't wait to see it all come together. I like how you have weathered the floor boards on the dock, chips, and gouges, and nail holes.
  • Thanks Tom....I still am in the process of some more distressing and coloring....but that is going to wait till I have more done on the Water Tower....
  • The coal bin is a nice addition
  • A nice brown wash on the NBW will tone them down also. I like using enamel "track wash".
  • I need to do a chalk weathering for the coal....and a little distressing of the wall boards...that will be followed by a wash of a gray / dust / dirt nature....I've just started doing washes offered by several different vendors for my figures and locos.....still figuring them out.....
  • Speaking of figures....one of the guys in my On30 group does 3D printing (not a business) and these will populate my diorama module....here are some examples....one may look a lot like me...SW Figure 1
    SW Me figure
  • There ya are! Nice prints.
  • Those are great.
  • lucky dawg
  • Thats the raw STL...he does a lot of cut and clean and the details are kool...
  • I like your coal dock. I looks like something a down on its luck railroad would build. Not fancy but will get the job done. Randy
  • Time in the shop has been sparse....but I was able to get a few hours in tonight....finished shingling the roof....have one hatch done...and a minor mod on the roof....I decided to make the ridge can to look like a tin cap....still needs some chalk and a wash.....also need to do a bit on the edges of the shingles to make them look a bit older and worn....I also wrapped the hatches with tarpaper...and will add flashing around the hatch....want to try out something.....stay tuned....SW Water Tank Roof tin
    SW Water Tank Roof hatch open
  • I like the ridge cap
  • I bantered back in forth in my mind how I wanted to do it....I have seen many like this in the northeast, it's an alternative to a wooden cap...just need to add some "tar" in a few joints and detail the shingles some more....and then....some minor moss growth....
  • Turned out very well! I too like the ridge cap.
  • Thanks Tom....progress has not been what I wanted it to be.....and now....thinking of taking a short break from here....
  • edited February 2023
    Nice colour on the shingles Art, aged, weathered and varied, the tin ridge cap is a nice variation and looks good.
  • Thanks Karl....still doing some more distressing on them...that ridge cap imitates one I saw on a shed at the East Broad Top yard.....hard finding shop time right now.....progress is slow
  • Got some stuff done tonight...nothing I want to post yet...want to get a bit further along and then I'll post some photos....
  • Back at the bench right now....but I'm working on something that has caught my attention that will be a part of this module...but not quite a part of the hand car and tank structure....a photo by tomorrow will explain...
  • Looking forward to seeing it Art, this is all coming together nicely.
  • Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
  • finished up a nice detail for a part of the module......no photos yet due to high winds knocking down trees and wires.....a bit more chalk and some rust and I put some up tomorrow night...