visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shops

1234568»

Comments

• Done with the iPhone
    I have a beautiful Sony A7 camera, iPhone works better!
  • Tom, that's been my experience for workbench shots. The iPhone just works better. Phil
  • A touch more scenery is needed here and there but I'm calling this one (my first of many I hope!) COMPLETE!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all and thanks so much for all your encouragement and advice!
  • Great modeling, especially if this is your first SW kit....Rick
  • Great work Tom, beautiful build. Love that first picture!
  • Congratulations on your first build. Superb job!
  • Looks great Tom. Congrats on the first build.
  • That is a fine build. Looking forward to your next one.
  • Thank you guys! I think the next one is Duluth but I’m going to try and get some trackwork and scenery done on the layout first.
  • Congratulations Tom. A great build. I really like this kit and you did it justice. You should be proud. Phil
  • Now that you have tasted the Kool Aid, you are officially hooked on the dark side! Great build. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more of your work.
  • WONDERFULL !!!!!!
  • Tom, you got that right. I'm in deep and already own 7 SWSM kits and some others as well!
    Thanks Robert, I figure with another 30 years of practice I might begin to approach your skill level!
  • Tom H., you are pulling our leg! This is far from being a rookie build! But after this build we can be pretty certain that you have the SWSM build bug. Congratulations on a great kit build. Looking forward to many more to come.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Tom, your build came out great. This was my first build as well. Pretty sure yours came out better.

Looking forward to seeing what you choose to build next.
  • Thanks Dave. My first kit since I was a kid and first wood kit of any kind. Brett’s directions, the help and encouragemen of the guys here in the forum and lots of patience got it done.
    Very kind Alex, thanks!
  • Excellent build Tom, you did a great job on one of my favorite kits, hell, who am I kidding, they are all my favorite...
    The structures came out great, beautiful work on the castings, that and the scenery all came together so well, very nice job.

As a side note your words throughout are very true, ALL of Bretts kits are great, either for your first kit or your 20th build. Beginners are thoughtfully guided through every step, seasoned modellers always learn something new.
  • Thanks Carl.
    It was such great fun. Now the big question is “Which one next?”!