visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shops

Comments

• I like it a lot. Good effect. Rick
  • Looks good!
  • I like the effect. I may give the wet brush another try. Did not get the results I wanted on the first try.
  • Th boards look good Tom. NIce job.
  • Thank you guys. I’m very happy with it overall.
    Brian, I actually used mineral spirits and scotch tape. I’ll have the first wall done in the next day or two and will post another photo. Loving the kit!

• IMG_0569

Making a little progress
  • Excellent progress, looks just right. You're going to be super happy with this!
  • image0

Absolutely Brett
    Loving it! Back to the real job til 5:30 today and then some more walls getting built.
  • Looking good, I like your choice of weathering color. BTW, your pictures are a bit small and we can't appreciate the detail you have put into this. This is probably due to you condensing the file size to below 50kb. Try somewhere between 75 and 150 kb and you should be a larger picture.
  • Thanks Ken. I’ll try the next one up around 100kb and see how that goes.

3 mineral and 3 paint? Did he layer it or did he do it one at a time and hit each layer individually with the tape? I don’t think I’m ready to go that deep!
  • Hey Tom, sure you realize "KCSTrains" is Phil " not me (Ken). I'm "KKarns"
  • I didn't correct him because being accused of being Ken on this forum is a great thing!!!
  • edited April 2020
    Oops. Careless of me. Just glanced and saw the Caps and the K and responded as if it were you Ken. Apologies.
    I’ve got almost all the walls done, will post pics later this morning.
    Happy Easter All
  • IMG_0580

This weeks progress!
  • Looking good. Great progress. Rick
  • insert thumbs up emoji here _____
  • Thank you guys!
  • Outstanding work Tom!
    Kevin - never gonna have a thumbs up emoji dude!
  • Great job on the picture as well. Phil
  • admin said:

Outstanding work Tom!
    Kevin - never gonna have a thumbs up emoji dude!

i know, i know.....
  • Ok First window done. Little bit messier than I would like but overall well satisfied.
  • Looks fantastic! Excited to see more progress.
  • Well tom, the closeup of your weathering looks just great. I also like the way your window frames turned out
  • Thanks guys! As long as I don't rush it and follow Bretts instructions it all seems to go together pretty well. I'm really enjoying it.
  • You are doing just fine !!
  • Excellent paint job
  • TomH said:

Thanks guys! As long as I don't rush it and follow Bretts instructions it all seems to go together pretty well. I'm really enjoying it.

Tom, you just stated the golden rule of Sierra West craftsmanship!! Let us never forget.