visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Another O Scale O'Neills

Comments

• Great rust effects Joel. I have always admired that gas pump casting of Bretts. You did it justice for sure. Belt on the compressor is a nice detail.
  • Thanks very much gentlemen.
    I worked a bit last night and planted the compressor and it's surrounding details. Still some small details to add but a pretty good startrsz_img_2616
    rsz_img_2618
  • Right on track, Joel! That gas pump is really well done...from the faded color to the rust and the fogged display glass: it's all spot on!
  • Wow Joel, that wall looks awesome! Great scene composition.
  • Totally agree !!!!
  • Great detailing Joel.

Jerry
  • Fantastic work Joel. The scene is really looking great.

One thing I noticed was the hose on the compressor looks a little big for an air hose. Everything else looks perfect.

The rust texture on the pump is really fantastic.

-Steve
  • Thanks all. Steve I agree the hose is a bit heavy. I have thinner solder and should have used it but who knows maybe they hooked a garden hose up to the compressor. The above scene is nicely composed because I copied it from the manual. Maybe added a few extra weeds but that's about it.

I made a bunch of paper cups (as per the manual. I used tissue paper painted bone white and wrapped them around a very small paintbrush.

rsz_img_2627Here they are in the scene. I'm not convinced they are not a bit large. I have a bunch of garbage and crushed cups to add to the scene but it is at least started.
    rsz_img_2628
  • Looks really great Joel. The white acetylene tank paint wear is fantastic. I love the cup idea. Another creative use of tissue paper on a model.

• Stellar work Steve. There are a lot of excellent details that really bring the scene to life. Keep up the great work.

Mark
  • Very artistic, But yet natural composition. Great idea with the paper cups.
  • Thanks all. I have to reiterate the cups were not my idea. As a matter of fact the entire build is straight out of the box. I substituted painted tissue paper for a more prototypical thickness but that's about it.
    Almost done the stairway...rsz_img_2634
    rsz_img_2632
    rsz_img_2633
  • Nice! Real nice detail Joel.

Jerry
  • There are a lot of coffee drinkers around there, or were they drinking booze?
  • Outstanding Joel!! so great to continually look at all the details. Just perfect.

Geezerbill
  • What a fantastic job!!!! Absolutely brilliant. I am amazed at what Kevin, Bryan and yourself do with the castings and the details, absolutely amazing. It says a lot about the beautiful kit Brett designed and you as a modeler. Keep up the fantastic work. I am going to keep looking over the pictures. So many details! Hummm O scale......

Jim
  • Nothing like O scale Jim, even if you just do a small diorama it is fantastic fun and brings things up to a different level. Highly recommended but the worry is loving it so much you decide to switch over. A risk well worth taking. Thanks for the comments.
  • Wonderful work Joel. That shelf unit and details look so good. That first pic is just great, love the bowed stair treads here and there, mailbox and barrel are terrific, and so on!
  • Joel. I think that all of the words are used up on the wonderful site that you are creating. I would like to see a few hand prints on the paper cups. Thank's for sharing. ........Carl
  • Your weathering looks fantastic on all the metal items.

Thanks for sharing!
    Alan
  • Joel, as always your work is outstanding! Really enjoying this build.

Geezerbill
  • Thanks so much guys. Not much to report. I've made a dozen pallets and 4 saw horses and am busy painting castings as it is time to get the detailing done.
  • insert thumbs up emoji here _____ :)
  • Sorry had a whole bunch of family things and had to store away all my modelling stuff. Hopefully back in the swing of things now. Worked on the burn barrel scene. The nails are made from magnet wire which I burned to get off the insulation and then blackened. You can see a few stray nails next to the can on the board. /rsz_img_2684
    rsz_img_2686
  • Wonderful scene Joel! Love the last pic with the green barrel with the oil can...very nicely done...the wood color tones and weathering are fantastic. The nails...well...you nailed it! Beautiful detail.
  • You are upping the game with nails and the charred wood. Well done.
  • edited April 2018
    Fantastic Joel.
    That last picture is exquisite..... from the texture and colour of the old wood, to the rust effect on the green drum, to the individual nails in a can with a few scattered.... and no visible residue at all where you glued/attached the individual nails... seamless.. perfect...

Karl.A

• Detail work absolutely perfect!

Jerry
  • Can,t say more, just perfect.