visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

BlueSky Company Warehouse HO/HOn3

Comments

• Especially like the roof cap...
  • Thanks Brett, how cool is that...a part from your phenomenal and latest HO/HOn3 release...O'Neills Fabrication, is playing a significant role in this, your very first release some 22 years ago!

Appreciate that Steve and as Brett mentions in his manuals, the roof(s) should get strict attention as it's the first thing folks see and focus on when viewing a structure or scene.

Thanks Ed, I'm going to take it to the EXPO as is and unfinished. I'll see how much I get done in the next few weeks.
  • Yes, the roof is awesome. The weather you applied looks perfect.
  • Ken, continues to look really good. I can't wait to see it in person. Aren't you going to enter O'Neil's? I'm counting the days. Phil
  • Thanks Alan...that's my style of weathering corrugated, certainly at one end of the spectrum!

Hey Ed, great minds kind of thing huh.

Right Phil, I'll be entering O'Neills and bringing BlueSky along for the ride. A few of the SWSM faithful (you're one of them!) are going to gather and look over our in-progress builds. I have several ideas I want to get some perspective on. Look forward to it...Ken
  • Great roof. Colouring and texture are spot on.
  • Looking good. Nice roof with cap.
  • Ken, great idea. I would be happy to participate. I'm not signed up for any platinum workshops, so I pretty much available. Phil
  • I'll be getting into Altoona late Wednesday evening so we'll try and hook-up sometime Thursday and see who all is around and plan something.
  • Ken, sounds great. The standard clinics look really good. How about dinner one night? Thursday or Friday. Phil
  • Right, I plan to attend a few of those including Bill's (Bill S.) lighting clinic.

Dinner sounds perfect, we can discuss particulars...
  • Now how am I going to set an example all cleaned up!
  • Looking great Ken. I’m excited to see some of your work in person next week.

-Steve
  • Thanks Steve and look forward to it
  • Great looking structure! Really nice modelling, it's always great to see this thread...

Nejc
  • Thanks much Nejc.
  • edited November 2017
    Back from the EXPO and the dust has finally settled. I got some work done on BlueSky this week and almost finished with the Oil Tank and Platform. The tank is the casting that Brett supplied with the kit. I scratch built the platform and stairs. I'm always looking to experiment with different ideas. I love the look of old steel grated stairs and platforms, so I took a stab at creating a cat walk running beside the tank used for filling and servicing and a set of metal stairs. I'm also working on an elevated concrete pad and small crane to move scrap metal around...more later. Rich and I were discussing BlueSky at the EXPO and he mentioned he had built a ladder and a platform beside the same tank. Made good sense to allow filling the elevated tank and servicing. Thanks Rich for the great idea!

IMG_2459

IMG_2461

IMG_2472

IMG_2462
  • Ken, looks great. You were talking about this at the EXPO. Do I spy some Tichey castings??? I also now know how you weathered the tank. Thanks again for the rusting lesson. Phil
  • Very good Phil...you were paying attention!..lol. How funny did we look sitting out in the lobby flinging chalk all around a spraying dull coat all over the place...good way to get kicked out!
  • But we didn't .... !!! Phil
  • Here's a quick shot of the tank "staged" beside the shed before final placement.

IMG_2480
  • Really, really love it...
  • Thanks Brett, puts that lovely tank casting right where it should be!
  • Great idea and super execution!
  • Love the tank and grating
  • Looks great Ken. The grating is a very cool detail, adds some variety to the normal wood steps and really gives it an industrial feel.
  • Looks great. Love the finish on the tank and the metal grating is a great idea! Sorry had to say it.
  • Thanks Robert, nice hearing from you.

Appreciate that Ed. I had been thinking for awhile about modeling something with the metal grating as I really like the industrial look like Steve mentions. When Rich mentioned that he built a wood ladder and platform for the tank on his BlueSky I thought that would be a great opportunity to work up the metal stairs and catwalk for mine.

Thanks Bryan.

Hey Steve...nice hearing from you and thanks for the thoughts. The industrial "feel" was just what appealed to me when coming up with the idea to put this together with metal grating rather than wood.

Thanks Joel, have to add some final details once the whole thing is "planted" on the diorama including the supply hose from the valve, some 55 gallon drums, etc...should be a nifty little mini-scene when done.
  • I like it. It looks different.
  • Thanks Stephen.

No Ed, haven't received any PM from ya???