visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

BlueSky Company Warehouse HO/HOn3

Comments

• Good point Karl...
  • Finishing up the shed details on the side with the wood floor. Needed to get this done before finishing the other side with the dirt floor. Picture of details before the Fordson Tractor under repair goes in a blocks the view.

IMG_2191
  • Nice. Looks like you are wired for electricity.
  • Not bad. Not bad at all brother.

Love your updates
  • I love the muted colours. Everything is individual yet nothing sticks out. Amazing attention to detail.
  • Wonderful. Love the grunge and dirty feel. Up to your usual standards!
  • Ken, continued excellent work. Phil
  • Ken, I like all the junk on the floor.
  • Thanks Mike.

Right Bryan, I wanted to give the look of basic wiring and let the viewer infer the rest. A bit over scale but looks fine without the close up. I plan to run above ground wiring from the Barn to the shed but not sure exactly what that will look like. The main structure (barn and dry goods store) will get power from a service pole and the shed, in turn, will get the service from a wire from the barn.

Appreciate that Wes.

Thanks Joel. I didn't originally plan to detail the shed quite this much but canm't help myself once I get rolling!

Brett...my stuff "grungy" and "dirty feeling"...nicest thing anyone could say! Thanks.

Thanks Phil...see you in a few weeks or so!

I have one more big piece of junk to spot Stephen...the Fordson tractor...I'll wait until the shed is done to get a shot of it.

• Looks superb Ken, everything perfectly imperfectly placed and weathered flawlessly, great work and wonderful attention.

Karl.A
  • edited October 2017
    Well thanks Ed, glad to hear that.

Thanks Karl, I find it hard to get started as I mull over the arrangement of things but then once I get started things come together much easier. The one lone 6x6 on the floor is where the left front axle of the Fordsn without a wheel (wheel resting on the other 6x6) rests blocked up for repair.
  • Finished up the interior of the other half of the shed. This side features a dirt floor and functions as more of a storage area. Wanted to get a couple shots before the roof goes on. A few things jump out that don't appear so bright with normal lighting such as the two stacks of lumber and two foreground rocks.

IMG_2266

IMG_2239
  • Wow Ken, nice job. The dirt floor really adds something different to the project.
  • edited October 2017
    That first pic.. Wow !
    Awesome,

• This is shaping up to be quite a model.

A couple of ideas that might work in this scene: How about a dirty rag draped over the top of the half wall? How about a tool or a bottle of something sitting on top of the half wall just above the workbench? Maybe a coil of wire/hose hanging on the wall near the ladder.
  • Looks great Ken. Cant wait to see it in person next month.
  • Thanks Stephen and thought the same thing. Brilliant design by Brett as it does add a wonderful contrast in the same structure.

Appreciate that Karl, the second pic is a bit redundant but had that white balance off just a bit for mood...

All great ideas Bryan and currently consulting with myself regarding same...hard to know when to say when!

Thanks Alan, and look forward to knocking elbows with you all at the EXPO.

Now that's a good idea Ed. What month and year would you like to see?
  • edited October 2017
    Outstanding! You've got a few pops of color on the shelves and in the foreground that keep the scene interesting. Nice and subtle.

Just thinking, once the roof is installed, how much light will be lost toward the back? Specifically, I was looking out for your wall of tools on the left.
  • Ken,

Are you going to add lights?
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks much Bill. Very intuitive on the lighting. I thought the same thing so I installed a poor mans lighting. I put in two hanging lights with shades that can be just seen below the straight in sight line below the roof line. Now the slacking part...these are non-functional lights. I installed two LEDs right next to the hanging lights a bit further up towards the roof peak visible if you bend over and look up! They serve to give the pathetic illusion that the hanging lights work...it was, I hate to say, an afterthought but should serve the purpose. I have plans for more sophisticated lighting in future SWSM builds.
  • Stephen...see above...
  • OK Ed...what's M M....not Marilyn is it??
  • Hi Ken, I am kicking myself in the butt because I did not put lights in my Shelby's Marine Service building. The is so much stuff inside, Bret's castings and stuff I added that you cannot see. I did a search on google for old posters, you know the rigid tool ones and took several and reduced them to scale size and hung them on the walls. But you would never know it. Some how, I have to figure how to add lights.
  • Brett's kits are so comprehensive in the detailing that I find myself getting absorbed with interior particulars that won't really show unless lit. Like the storage shed here...I didn't plan on lighting it until almost done with the details. That will change with future builds of mine, at least that's the plan! So I feel your issue there Stephen and you sound like you're in the same boat I am...better planning on the next one. One thing I will say, interior details or exterior ones for that matter that you don't think are visible or highly visible still make an impact on your build. I'm a firm believer that small insignificant details when combined make a significant statement.
  • edited October 2017
    Finished up the storage shed by installing the corrugated roof panels and ridge cap. The cap was made from spare raised rib roof material from my O'Neills build. Managed to get the weathered code 55 rail down as well. The track will be detailed with rail joiners and spike heads later. The oil tank has been finished with a subtile rust and will be further detailed once it's placed on the oil tank platform that I'm working on. The fence is also partially complete, just have to assemble the section running parallel to the track. Progress....

IMG_2326

IMG_2321

IMG_2316
  • Here is a better shot of the roof and cap configuration. My kind of metal roof finish...nice and grungy!

IMG_2328
  • Looks great Ken. Love the roof. I'm a sucker for that type of open shed.
  • That funky looking panel with the two holes in it just didn't look right to me. Kept going back and looking at it so I fixed it...

IMG_2334