visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shops

1234568»

Comments

• - "so easy to work with" -Brett - I'd like to think a bit of craftsmanship was involved in finishing it off

but it was a nice casting
  • Nice peeling paint! Did you use the mineral spirit method again?
  • edited September 2013
    Yes Joel - thanks for asking
  • ET another nice job. Great look.

Jerry
  • It is a nice casting as all Brett's are--but not everyone can do them justice they way you do!
  • Nice work on the casting Elliott. Turned out great.
  • OK guys - thanks for the compliments - I am glad you approve - it is always good to know when something you think is good is perceived a such by others - thanks again -

here is the final couple of shots - moving onimageimage
  • Elliott, very well done as always. I assume you'll be at the Expo....look forward to meeting you. Ken
  • I've been away for a good chunk of the summer, but I must add that you're really bringing this scene to life Elliott. Going back a ways to the roof--awesome job on the corrugated sheets! We've both had our patience tested with that stuff but I'd say you nailed it. And the coloring you achieved on the elevated tank is terrific!
    Until I read it, I wouldn't have guessed the little box car was resin.
    Well done!
  • love the casting photos. Wonderful stuff.
  • Ken - wish I could attend but I am a dialysis patient and need to stay close to home for the exchanges I require - Bill - welcome back and thanks for the kuddos - James - glad you liked.

I am still plugging away in a 'sorta' manner but a little progress is a little progress, as Yogi would say. here is the bins and davit with a little animation for good luck - also decided this will be the final location for the parts on this side of the track. - still some more coal to scatter and of course landscaping put that is for later.imageimage
  • Elliott, Geesh! sorry to hear about that and we'll be thinking of you that's for sure. Got to keep puttin one foot in front of the other! My Dad had a few health problems including Parkinson's and I always had to chuckle as he used to say "feels like you heal up in front...and break out behind!" All the best..Ken
  • ET saw this over on RR Line. Just such excellent detail work as usual. Hey you know will all miss you at the EXPO.
    But maybe one day soon we can all get together again my friend.

Jerry
  • finally! the roof is completed - it was a lot of little pieces but really no big challenge - now is the time to decide what things will go inside, especially considering the roof will be fixed in place.imageimage
  • As part of building a dio of this size is getting things to flow and avoid any "holes" in the scenery - lots of extras are needed and in connection with that Mike called my attention to some nice detailed log skidders by Bachmann. I got a couple, tore one apart so see if I could make a scene with one in the scrap bin but the little parts were not fixable once they are removed from the thing so now I have a big pile of junk for the one - luckily there are two in a package and here is the other one all decked out and ready to add to the dio.imageimageimage
  • here it the JIb craneimage
  • Hi Elliot,
    Great job on the donkey. I really like the picture with essentials and mainstreet in the background. I am really looking foward to your finished pictures of this GIGANTIC diorama. The crane is really cool too. Really nice seeing you post and hope you feel well!
    Jim
  • Thats sweet Elliott. Is it just rusted up with chalks?
  • Hi Elliot
    This is looking awesome.
    thanks for sharing.
    cheers
    Dave
  • Elliot
    Great job .....can't wait for the next piece or the finished diorama

keep up the great work

Scott
  • Thanks guys - I've been in and out of the hospital and still recovering from who knows what but starting to feel better so tried to do some modeling - here is a yarder without the housing
  • Great to read you're back out the hospital and well enough to get some modelling done Elliot.

Karl.A
  • great work- it is amazing how big those sleds could get...
  • Great your're back at it E and feeling better! Nice progress on the yarder...
  • Thanks all for the well wishes - appreciate the thoughts

Here is the larger Yarder finished and ready to plant - I used corrugated panels for the roor part instead of wood slats - adds something I think imageimage