visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shops

Comments

• Nice colouring on the corrugated. Great variations and effect. Aged but not dilapidated. fits the walls perfectly, nice work!

Karl.A
  • Hi Elliot,
    I really like the rusted panels and the roof. Always like looking at the building on your diorama too.
    Are the rusted panels done with chaulk and paint or etched?
    Keep up the great work. Looking foward to more!
    Jim
  • Nice looking tin.

Jerry
  • Thanks for the comments - I found the little piece of chain left over from rigging the spouts - it was in a crevice in one of the castings - applied it to the spout to lower the thing - also added the arrow such as it is to the volume gauge and the cord to suspend it in the tank.image
  • Some really great touches.
    Jim
  • thanks Jim.

Casting of the latheimage
  • edited July 2013

That really is looking good Elliot. The initial colouring really shows the detail and depth in the casting.
    It's going to look fantastic when you add the next layers of paint and pick out the details.
    Great work.

Karl.A
  • The casting is amazing, I can't believe the amount of detail that is in Brett's castings. Elliot, your painting really brings out the details. Great job!
    Jim
  • Couple of moreimage
  • Nice Elliot...

Karl.A
  • couple more are done - still have persistent cramps preventing me from holding a brushimageimage
  • Et nice work on the castings. Sorry to hear about the hands hope they get better soon.

Jerry
  • Good work on those benches and machinery Elliot, desk looks great.

Karl.A
  • Those drums look great Elliot, very "crusty".
    cheers
    Dave
  • Thanks guys
    here are the screw jacksimage
  • The fancy castings. . .imageimage
  • edited August 2013
    Really nice work Elliot, I particularly like the warm, natural wood tones you achieved. Also admiring how crisply painted the details are on the benches.
    Maybe dull down the bright red cans on the big shelf unit in the top right of the pic, aside from that, everything really looks great. Nice work.

Karl.A
  • ET beautiful work on the casting. Really like that bench very realistic nice coloring.

Jerry
  • looking great buddy...
  • edited August 2013
    some castings
    imageimageimageimage
  • Well stick out your can here comes the garbage man!!!

Nice work ET great weathering and choice of colors.

Jerry
  • am I boring you yet? here are most of the small metal castings - gears, tools - stuff not usually detail painted - there is a slew of them but the dio will absorb them with little difficultyimageimageimage
  • Heads up - Runner got 3rd on the loco diorama at the NGC in Pasadena - well done

more castings while I await the other kit - I need to rip up the rest of the area for the other buildings and set it all out together before I start placing the castings - so I will just content myself painting some drums
  • Sorry for the mistype. Dam that auto spell! What I meant to type was I did not remember the prototype being painted. It looked to be more natural wood.
  • ET watch those barrels. If Karl thinks there beer kegs a few will be missing by morning!!!!

Jerry
  • Karl - you gotta replace them with two for one - painted -so go ahead and try one - here are some drums to scatter aboutimage
  • edited September 2013
    The Donkey Repair Yard finishes up the series of kits making up the logging camp series - I'm continuing on this thread with those aspects of the build as I will be skipping back and forth as I assemble and plant the various parts - here is the storage shed, a casting. imageimageimage
  • Elliot great work! I am really enjoying looking at the pictures you have posted. Is the boxcar a resin casting?

Jim Richards
  • Yes Jim, the boxcar is a two-piece resin casting... so easy to work with cause all the detail is cast in place.