visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO/HOn3 Scale Wood Logging Camp

Comments

• Looking good.....as you weather the deck..it will change the tone a bit too.....
  • I like it.

I'm looking at this thinking that false interiors might look good through the windows. Find a picture you like and mount it inside the window maybe an inch back.
  • Wonderful execution on the subtile weathering Jeroen. I also like how your planning ahead on the station being newer and less worn and weathered as the other structures. Its difficult to pull off "red" trim against a lighter toned siding without the contrast being distracting and stark...you muted the color tone perfectly. You also added the darker shadows and dirt/dust to further the effect. Well done.
  • edited December 2022
    Today I finished the porches and platforms and I'm well underway with the roofs. Techniquewise there's nothing new going on, other than that I pretty much followed Bretts instructions in the manual. But there is something else. I've seen the station in the pictures of the logging camp but only once I started building it I came to appreciate what a gorgeous kit it is. The long extended roofs, the shingles, the woodwork on the walls... its just awesome and I'm sure that once I'm going to add all the little details in the diorama this whole structure is just wonderful. It's becoming a labor of love more and more. Thanks Brett!

thumbnail_IMG_3220
    thumbnail_IMG_3221
    thumbnail_IMG_3222
    thumbnail_IMG_3223
  • Top shelf a great looking build keep up the fine work. ....C/L
  • Thanks Carl, that’s highly appreciated!
  • Nice work Jeroen !!
  • Thanks Robert! I testfitted the shingled roofs and that adds so much character… what a kit!
  • Wonderful work here. The design elements you eluded to are just terrific and you've such a nice job on them Jeroen, well done.
  • Thanks Ken! No doubt I need to refine it here and there but perhaps a better moment to do that is when it’s integrated in the scenery. I’m a realist and I know there is still much to learn and to aspire to but I’m happy with this so far and… I’m having a great time!
  • Thats the important part..... having fun. It's always nice to get that validation that your efforts have paid off...... and they definitely have! Great job!
  • Thanks Mike, that’s very kind! That’s the great thing about this place. All the help and suggestions make for a steep learning curve. It helps me a lot!
  • That's the key to this whole thing Jeroen, and I'm glad you brought it up, and that's to have fun! Having fun and sharing it with others is what the hobby is all about. Appreciate you and your work.
  • An impressive structure.
  • Having fun and creating a masterpiece, wonderful progress.
  • that's some top notch work. everything about it just looks 'right'.
  • Thanks gents, that is very kind and motivating. In the mean time I have shingled the roofs and glued them in place. It’s time for weathering now…
  • Little works on the roofs. I really like the look of the various sized shingles. They were treated with washes of roof brown, grey and dark brown and finished with dry pastels. I started work on the attic and after that I will start focussing on smaller details on and around the building. The way the roof sits on the structure is just wonderful... what a kit!
    thumbnail_IMG_3233
    thumbnail_IMG_3234
    thumbnail_IMG_3235
  • simply gorgeous!
    what more can be said?
  • This is coming along very nicely. Lots and lots of effort put into this. Something to be very proud of!
  • Excellent work Jeroen, it looks fantastic.
  • Very nice!
  • Looking good Jeroen. Going to be a real showpiece.
  • Jeroen, this station is looking great. Love the shingled roof. bothe the color and texture are superb. Randy
  • edited December 2022
    So today I managed to finish Deer Creek Station. I added the last porch and some signs of other SW kits. Im fairly happy with how this turned out. Im waiting now for my base to arrive after which I will start with the scenery. I still have the Donkey Repair shop to build and add, but that is for later. Im very happy with how this turned out. Stay safe gents, and thank you for all the support so far!
    thumbnail_IMG_3245
    thumbnail_IMG_3246
    thumbnail_IMG_3247
    thumbnail_IMG_3248
    thumbnail_IMG_3249
    thumbnail_IMG_3250
    thumbnail_IMG_3252
  • Fantastic job Jeroen. This a beautiful building and you did it proud.
  • Beautifully done Jeroen. Your goal of lightly, and not overly weathered was accomplished in fine style! Well done.
  • I'd be more than happy! That turned out great!
  • Well there Jeroen..
    I think that you have done the best work that I have ever seen everything is just as it should be...........Carl........
  • Thank you Jim, Ken! When I started building this I didn’t notice how beautiful Brett’s design is. Now it’s finished I can see it embedded in the woods and it has so much character. Once the scenery starts and the docks and porches will receive their little details it should be really exciting to watch…