visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

1282930313234»

Comments

• Signature burn barrel scene. I don't think I can do a diorama without one!

Ken Brian Nolan's was a gas pump in every diorama he did.

Jerry
  • That's pretty cool Jerry, thanks for that.
  • “Upon further review”, I think the way you did the water currents turned out quite well!
  • Thanks Al. I contemplated the surface texture for some time and was happy with how the "wave action" appears. Wanted it coming from a slight angle towards the trestle from the more open water.
  • You'll have to suffer through some additional pictures as I realized I had forgotten to take any photos with the boat in the diorama. Geesh!...the boat is the focal point of the entire project to some extent. Not sure how I missed that. I also got a shot of the HO scale fishing pole.

IMG_5985

IMG_5962

IMG_5982

IMG_5981

IMG_5988

IMG_5973

IMG_5987

IMG_5989

Here's a stab at an HO scale fishing rod and reel. Not suitable for a close-up by any means, but with the naked eye looks passable...barely.

Done...
  • Sorry it took so long to get this info. to you Randy. Here is the materials I used for the water pour. I didn't use the foam effects but may still add this sparingly along the shoreline to create a little foam/white water.

IMG_5996
  • WOW!!! Just Fantastic work. This may be your finest build and that's saying something. Quite a special diorama. So many fine details and incredible scenes. Thank you for sharing this with us. Amazing work.
  • All I can say is.... wow!
  • Hey Joel! Nice hearing from you my man. How's things going in the far north? Thanks so much for your thoughts and certainly made my day. With the water effects, has to be one of my favorite SWSM kits and was a treat to build. Thanks again and look forward to talking with you again.

Thanks Mike! I certainly appreciate the short and sweet. You all are what makes modeling so enjoyable.
  • jusg a spectacular build. there's no other way to properly describe it. a work of art.
  • Thanks so much Kevin. You've been a great support and motivator, appreciate that.
  • Just keeps getting better with each new picture!!

Jerry
  • Thanks Jerry. The only picture I forgot is the one with the one figure in the diorama. Ehh...not important but fun to do.
  • edited March 2023
    Here's the missing picture of my figure at the Bait & Tackle Shop counter.

IMG_6019
  • If that was my diorama I'd have a framed picture of it in every room of my house so that where ever I was I could just look at it and smile to myself.
    Outstanding.
  • I wonder what he is looking for in there.
  • Everything is always so spot on with your work!
  • Well thanks Karl, appreciate that. The dimensions are making it a challenge to find something to put it in with a lid. May have to make something.

Bryan, he’s seeing if they carry any skin cream because his face looks terrible!

Thanks Mike.
  • A great running detail, the missing man!
  • The fish cleaning station is a great original idea and so well executed.
  • I didn't hide him very good this time!

Thanks Karl. Was hoping the fish weren't to hoaky!
  • Incredible work Ken. I've seen many old boats and you absolutely captured it.
    I've got a Shelby's in the closet. I think it's next.
  • I have to add that I showed this to some of my colleagues (we are yacht brokers) and several thought the water was "real". Next level stuff here.
  • Nice Tom, it's a great kit and definitely one to build. Fortunate to get one as they are getting hard to find. Thanks so much for your thoughts, appreciate it.
  • Ken. Just so much to look at in this build. all of it done to perfection. I also missed the fish, nice touch. I can almost smell it. Thanks for letting me know what you used for the water. It looks great. You have something that you can be proud of creating. Can't wait for your next build so we can follow along. Randy
  • Thanks so much Randy! Appreciate ya buddy.
  • Ken, if I didn't know this was an HO build, I'd never could tell. Another super build. A million details to discover and the water is just right !!! What a delight to look at.
  • Thanks Robert.