visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

Comments

• Love the floating dock!
  • I think the colors and tones are perfect...nothing jumps out at you...it blends so well.....thats always a concern.....
  • Appreciate that Brett.

Thanks Art.
  • Working on the front of the Bait & Tackle Shop. Putting in a gas pump and associated details. Scratch built a pole light for the area and a filler pipe extension for the underground tank...just a couple fun little details.

IMG_5428

IMG_5426

IMG_5434
  • Every time I look at your work...I am amazed....until I see you holding it up with your thumb and fingers....and remember you work in HO scale....and then I am utterly amazed
  • Thanks Art, crazy stuff.
  • Every time I look at your work...I am amazed....until I see you holding it up with your thumb and fingers....and remember you work in HO scale....and then I am utterly amazed

it's hard to imagine being able to do that kind of work in ho. i can't even do it in o. fantastic looking deetz.
  • Hey thanks Kevin. So far so good being able to see this stuff!
  • Wow, that's crazy good. A little birds nest tucked in above that angled bracket would be cool. Probably impossible, but it would be cool .
  • Nothings impossible for Ken... it should be easy enough with a little clump of static fibres, some jute strands or even bristles from a paint brush.
  • Thanks much Jim. Lol...well yeah that could be done...

What ya think Karl, should I give it na go?
  • Detailed a couple of HO Scale SWSM Detail parts for Shelby's. I added some water slide decals to both pieces. The lubester will have some oil and grunge added to the top prior to planting in the designated scene.

IMG_5463

IMG_5449
  • edited January 2023
    If it fits your scene Ken and your vision of what you want there.
    Easy enough to build a nest 'off diorama' separately and then place it to see how it looks before you glue it in place.

Not sure the light pole would be a good location, but it might look cool depending where the pole is going.
    Seems to be too much 'out in the open' for my way of thinking. All the nests I find around my place and watch the eggs hatch and grow are in little protected nooks and crannies away from the weather and predators Not wide out in the open.
    Under the eaves, or, the speaker shelf in the gazebo, a corner in the garage above a cabinet... They can be visible, but usually protected.

Your model, your choice, I know you'll do it right.
  • edited January 2023
    Fantastic Ken, hard to believe the quality of those prints and your work on them in HO,
    That metalic sheen you have peaking through is perfect and shows off the quality of both Brett's details and your work on them so well.
  • I think I'll forgo the bird nest, at least in that location, for the good points you bring up.
    Was fun thinking about it.

Thanks for your thoughts on the detail parts. The blue color turned out better than I had expected.
  • How do you produce such wonderful details with gargantuan fingers like those? (LOL)
  • edited January 2023
    ALCO said:

How do you produce such wonderful details with gargantuan fingers like those? (LOL)

must be elves. it can't be those bratwursts.... :)
  • Great work Ken! Been gone for a week and you've made some great progress. Really like the floating dock, and your scenery looks fantastic. I especially like the little bridge between the land and floating dock.
  • ...Cracked me up Al & Kevin! Appreciate that and I guess I'm just used to it.

Thanks much Tom. That little bridge has a hinge affair on the land side that allows the access bride to also ride up and down with the dock.

• Either you have really big hands or that's a really tiny part!!!

Wonderful work as usual!!

Jerry
  • Great additions
  • Thanks Jerry. Those are small parts buddy!

They are really nice prints and love the square cans.
  • An additional SWSM 3D printed detail part to populate the Bait & Tackle Shop. Coke machine complete with stocked bottles. Such a great print!

IMG_5472

Old dry transfer almost made it! I may fill in the the minor missing white lettering...maybe.

IMG_5488

Now this is brilliant 3D rendering!
  • edited January 2023
    Very nicely done.
    I think the chipped lettering matches the chipped cooler well.
    It just needs dulling down a bit more to match.
  • Didn't want to get any pigments on it in case I decided to fill in the lettering. Based on your thoughts here I'm going with it as is. Thanks for the nudge!
  • i'd leave it as is too. it looks great.
  • Holy cow, just amazing. The double light is wonderful. Beautiful execution.

The finishing on the 3D Printed details is outstanding.
  • Thanks Kevin, already planted as is!

Thanks much Brett.
  • Amazing!!

Jerry
  • Awesome job on the Coke machine! Nicely weathered.