visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

Comments

• Appreciate that Jim!
  • The main problem with your work is that you just can’t keep it sane. Now look at this. So much realism in literally every spot imaginable. I really would love to spend an afternoon in your mancave just to get a glimpse of how you achieve all this eyecandy. Spectacular is an understatement!
  • Well thanks so much Jeroen, such a nice note. I'll have the coffee on and a cold one in the fridge, no need to knock just come on in!
  • Terrific as always Ken, your wood treatment is at the top of the class and I really like the effect you did on the corrugated.
  • Thanks much Karl, and coming from you that means a great deal.
  • Neat wall hook. Is that a brick foundation on the addition?
  • Right Bryan, I put the main building on a wood sill and it will have a stone foundation showing here and there. For variety, I put the shed on a brick foundation and added a wood floor, which of course can hardly be seen inside the slightly open door.
  • Your usual outstanding job on wood! I like the little stone foundation. Just enough to change the look of everything.

Jerry
  • Hey Jerry, thanks much and really made my day when I read your take on the stone foundation. Exactly why I added that detail. Of course it will look loads better once on the diorama and dirt, weeds, etc. soften the hard lines.
  • I swear I can smell the old oil and stanisol.
  • Lol...that works!
  • It’s so easy to look at your work and immediately be transported to another time and place! Another masterpiece in the making.
  • Thanks Al. Don't know about that!
  • The main structure, as I mentioned, is basically finished. The following is just a quick "walk around" the building to document it before moving on to the hoist house and diorama base.

IMG_4899 (1)

IMG_4875

IMG_4877

IMG_4896

IMG_4882

IMG_4885

IMG_4888
  • Gr4eat addition to the build!
  • Thanks Tom, nice to have this one wrapped up. Looking forward to putting the diorama together.
  • Outstanding craftsmanship, throughout.
  • I'm glad you get to show this here but this should be in a museum somewhere. Incredible modeling
  • Excellent work. Looking at the whole thing, I keep thinking that some advertising signs might look right at home.
  • Thanks Karl.

Too kind Jim. Appreciate ya!

You're right Bryan. I tend to neglect that aspect and should do more. I'll wait until the diorama is somewhat set and look hard at signage. Thanks for the steer.
  • remind me not to store anything in that shed...
    what's the deal with the electric meter? casting or scratch? it looks great. what did you use for the conduit?
  • working on 3D Printing a grouping of electrical parts... stay tuned.
  • Just breathtaking. I just don't stop discovering little new things all the time. Its like opening a box of surprises. Great!
  • Come on Kev, its just the one corner! See Brett's post re:electrical .

Terrific!...I've been limping along doing electrical detail work and a SWSM 3D print of this stuff will blow anything out there away...and that's before I even see it!

Thanks Jeroen, appreciate your thoughts.
  • Just fantastic work. It's one thing to plan things so meticulously but to bring them into being with such brilliance is humbling. Amazing.
  • Hey Joel, thanks so much. You my friend are what is referred to as a "modelers modeler"...you get the end game and understand and appreciate the planning and thought process, coupled with the serious enthusiasm, that most of us have for this great hobby. Appreciate ya man!
  • edited November 2022
    KKarns said:

Come on Kev, its just the one corner! See Brett's post re:electrical .

Terrific!...I've been limping along doing electrical detail work and a SWSM 3D print of this stuff will blow anything out there away...and that's before I even see it!

Thanks Jeroen, appreciate your thoughts.

ken,
    where is brett's post about electrical? i'd like to see it.

never mind, i saw it. can't wait.

• and by the way ken, to me this ranks right up there with your best modeling, and that's saying alot.
    this should be an o scale kit damnit! (never mind. i'd need a bigger house)
  • Me too!...everything else Brett has 3D printed has been a game changer with respects to detailing so the electrical details will be no different...what a great time to be modeling!
  • Looking for the next post...

Jerry