visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

Comments

• Appreciate that Brett. Your details are just incredible and so easy to work with. Can't get enough.

Thanks Jim.

Nice hearing from you Steve and thanks. The various scenes are difficult to envision and getting started is daunting. However, once I get the general feel of where I'm going it just starts rolling along.

Thanks Robert.

Hey Jeroen, appreciate your thoughts my friend.

Thanks much Rick. Brett's 3D detail parts are a game changer for sure. So many possibilities.

Thanks much Kevin.

Thanks Carl.

Appreciate your thoughts here Emery. I was going to put in a potbelly stove, but when I saw Brett's barrel stove, that sealed the deal! There is actually an ash pan in front there just hard to tell.

Hey thanks Al.

Thanks much Tom. The stairs, landing, and railing made for great detail and clutter to reside. I should have left some space to see underneath.
  • Ken I think you've outdone yourself this time. Just a wonderful display of your work!!

Jerry
  • Outstanding! Everything is so well done. The electric box with multiple conduits entering is a bonus addition.
  • Hey thanks Jerry!

Appreciate that Bryan. Thanks for noticing the electrical work. The larger conduit making a hard right is going outside to feed the hoist shed next door.
  • Damn, raising the bar again?
  • Ahh...don't know about that...
  • KKarns said:

Ahh...don't know about that...

Don't be bashful take a bow!! You deserve the recognition!

Jerry
  • Just noticed the coat and hat near the door at the platform. Man….
  • Thanks for the support Jerry!

Hey Jeroen. With the image sizing restraint its a bit hard to see things, but appreciate ya for pointing those details out. I put those two details in my Eureka Springs build and they are such a cool detail I'll be adding them to every build I do.
  • Finished the interior of the last remaining wall of Shelby's main structure. This wall was left off to allow unobstructed access to the interior. These details would be very difficult to place if this wall was attached to the structure and requires a bit of pre-planning. This area is where water plumbing is brought into the building and is appropriately backed up by the location of the exterior plumbing that will be done later on.

I would also like to point out the versatility of Brett's 3D printed detail parts. The open cabinet with shelves is one of Brett's open crates turned up on its end and two pieces of strip wood added for shelving. The other cabinet, with the porcelain knobs, is one of the solid "wood" crates also turned up on its end. Of course note the wonderful sink and water cooler 3D details!

IMG_4414

IMG_4419

IMG_4421
  • WOW! Concept and execution are ground-breaking! Dio within a dio.
  • Awesome details Ken! Creative adaptation of the shelves. Nice!
  • This interior is setting the bar at a level I have a hard time seeing...
  • Just amazing work !!!
  • Ken
    Will it have running water. .?????????
  • Love it! What I see is a dirty sink to wash dirty hands. Funny!
  • Thanks Al, makes it nice to detail walls when you can lay them flat on your bench!

Appreciate that Tom.

Thanks Ben, just got second floor put in today.

Thanks much Robert.

Have the plumbing for it Carl!

Thanks Bryan. Yup, hard water and rust stains in the sink...can't let anything go "ungrunged"!
  • Installed the second story floor (first floor roof) and the lighting today. The hanging shop lights are for effect and not lit. The lights are attached to the second story flooring. Last shot before the side wall gets installed.

IMG_4428 (1)
  • edited September 2022
    Outstanding !
    Such a shame to put that last wall on, but hopefully there will still be some good visibility of this mastery when the lights come on, especially with the large open front wall and opening on the side.
    I've only seen one other (finished) build of this great kit with the actual rails inside as originally designed, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the trestle etc, exiting the structure, mine is still mostly in my minds eye, though 90% done.
  • these are some very fine details Ken
  • edited September 2022
    Thanks Karl and nice hearing from you my friend! I wimped out on the lighting and don't have the actual shop lights lit so it looks slightly odd when lit. Lights on but not from the obvious light sources! Lol. The 4 lights placed on the ceiling light up the interior nicely, they just aren't coming from the shop lights. Oh well, least of my concerns at this phase of the build. You should dust off that piece and finish it up!
  • Appreciate that Stephen. Lighting is a bit cranky...see my response to Karl!
  • There must be several hundred (more?) pieces and parts in this last foto that you have meticulously and individually placed into this scene! Wonderfully done! Can’t wait to get into my shop to start my next SWSM kit.
  • Thanks much Al. Look forward to what's next on your bench!
  • Ken, I'm just catching up with this build and your detailed interior is worth at least a month of studying. I have the interior details to start on with my tool shed but you have set the bar beyond Olympic height. This is the type of modeling I love. Thank you for all the inspiration.
  • Nice note here Steve, appreciate that. Lots more coming...
  • AWESOME!!! To say the least!!

Jerry
  • Thanks Jerry and nice hearing from you.
  • you, karl and brett should collaborate on a coffee table book. you could have sections for joel, robert, mike etc,
  • Where do I place my order for this coffee table book?????