visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

Comments

• Just beautiful work. Thanks for taking the time to document all this. It's a chore but it is so appreciated.
  • Hey Joel, Nice hearing from you as always! I really appreciate you mentioning that as I often feel that I post updates that are lack luster and with only minimal additional subject matter. Nice to hear that its useful and not creating modeling adnauseam!lol.
  • Fantastic work as usual Ken!
  • Thanks so much Steve and nice hearing from you. Can't wait to get together again sometime soon...been way to long!
  • Fiddling around with detailing the interior of Shelby's main structure. Scratch built a small cabinet just to experiment a bit. Turned out OK for how small it is! Lots of SWSM 3D parts are going into the interior and more on that later...

IMG_3911
  • very nice little cabinet. send it to brett so he can make a mold of it and share it with the class!!
  • That thing was a lot of work. I could detail several of Brett’s resin cabinets for every one of these!
  • but wouldn't it be cool to know that one of the castings you're detailing is of one of your original creations??
  • For sure would be very cool, but nothing here that hasn't been done...wanted to see how it would look. I built the siding around a piece of solid wood. Big advantage would be the ability to build one to the exact dimension needed for a particular spot.
  • Ken, I agree with kevin. The hinges and latch look great. They look to be just the right size. Randy
  • Thanks much Randy, it was fun little project. The interior is coming along nicely and already sucking up a bunch of my coveted SierraWest 3D detail parts!
  • Nice cabinet. Will you stash some beer bottles inside?
  • Well of course!...All work and no play...
  • Do the hinges work? (LOL)
  • Al…. I actually have some HO brass hinges that work
    Terry
  • Knock me over with a feather!
  • Ken, I've been out of town for a while and just returned to see what a great looking the structure turned out. Also like the cabinet. Can't have too many interesting details!
  • Great little mini project. So looking forward to seeing what you do with the interior.
  • Hey thanks for checking in Tom. Appreciate that and right on with the details!

Thanks Joel. Right, the cabinet was just to get something posted while the interior detailing is being worked on. Nice to get a little filler project up to keep the thread more current for slow modelers like me!
  • Once in a while it's nice to take a break from a larger project and mess around with some smaller items that have been mulling around in the back of your mind.
  • Perfectly stated Tom...From now on I'll respond as... "what Tom said" !
  • Scratch built a floor to ceiling storage unit for the main structure. This will serve to store boat repair lumber and other supplies. Many of Brett's 3D Detail Parts will populate this shelf unit. Makes for many great detail opportunities in and around it.

IMG_3958

IMG_3963

Note the permanent ladder attached to access the top level with grab handles and "chain link" fence around the perimeter for safety purposes.
  • Fantastic work !!!!
  • Safety first of course.
  • Thanks much Robert. These details will be difficult to see easily once the interior is complete and the last wall is put in place. Wanted to document the main features as I go.
  • nice detail. i need one of those in my garage.
  • Thanks Kevin.
  • Slick!
  • Great detail!!

Jerry
  • Thanks Al, appreciate that.

Hey Jerry, will be fun filling the shelves with details!