visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Very nice Kevin. So how about a progress report on the kitchen remodel? Usually the War Department doesn't care much for returns to the modeling workbench until those kind of projects are finished.
  • Very nice Kevin. So how about a progress report on the kitchen remodel? Usually the War Department doesn't care much for returns to the modeling workbench until those kind of projects are finished.

thanks for askin' mike. we're waiting on a granite countertop with undermounted sink. the guy said it would be 2-4 weeks, and it's been 2, so hopefully real soon. after the countertop is in, the painter comes in. when he's done, it's done.
    can't wait....
  • Trucks are looking great and will add a great deal to the diorama.
  • Nice work Kevin. looks great
  • Your doing great Kevin!!
  • brian suggested i dry brush the deck boards to bring out the grain. i think it worked.
    disconnect drybrushed
  • looks fantastic! the color on the "new" boards looks perfect.
  • It worked indeed, much better.....
  • Great job Kevin...nice contrast old and new.
  • Well done Kevin.
  • edited October 2021
    yay me! one year ago today i quit cigarettes after about 50 years of smoking.
  • Nothing you could do for yourself would be any better...other than get out of the way of that truck! Lol. Well done.
  • Looks great Kevin.

countertop comes wednesday between noon and two. hopefully by the time liz gets home from work the sink and faucet will be in and the plumber gone. painters come in thursday or friday and then it's done.
  • Great news you quit smoking. I will continue at my old age..don't want to die...lol
  • pappy, i couldn't justify $300-$350 a month on smokes. b'sides, my wife was gonna kill me while i slept if i i didn't quit.
  • edited October 2021
    I know right!..my wife hates me smoking and spending 120 a carton a month...very hard to quit but at my age and may die if I quit...lol
  • Kevin, what is crazy is I hate the smell of cig's. I don't smoke in the house or my truck/cars. I smoke outside.
    Keep up your great work Kevin..love your work!
    Pap
  • i decided to rework the low area, so first i saturated everything with alcohol, then water, then i carefully pried it all up.
    terrain redo 2

then i mixed up a batch of sculptamold and added a gray paint to it and covered the entire area, making an "earthen" ramp so the dozers could get up to the repair shed.
    after three days that dried hard enough for paint, so i painted i the whole area with a mixture of brown and black paint. once that was dry i spead some diluted white glue over the area one section at a time and liberally sprinkled dirt sifted through panty hose over it. the dirt unfortunately practically obliterated some tread marks that were pressed into the damp sculptamold.
    after that was done i spent about an hour and a half on the stones, and i need to kmow from you guys if it was worth my time.

Rework of low area 1

once this is all dry i'll start adding greenery and debris. i'm doing this for a distraction while i wait for some track nails and a section of flex track to get here. they were ordered over a month ago and are on backorder so i ordered them from amazon and they'll be here sunday.
    time for a sam adams.
  • Definitly worth the time Kev, the topography and base work is a solid foundation for your next steps. I'm already visualising your next steps and imagining the scenes evolve.
    Looking forward to more as you move onward.
  • This will be very nice once the vegetation is added.
  • Looks awesome, I love the stones. I would add some additional scenery materials around and on top to make them appear more sunken and imbedded into the scene. Love sculptamold!
  • What a great base to start with. Love the different levels and the stones make for a nice transition.
  • Nice re-work Kevin...
  • Nicely done! If I may make a suggestion, some smaller stones worked in between the larger ones and at the base might make blend better.
  • Looking good Kevin! Your diorama looks HUGE!
  • I like the retaining walls. Agree that more dirt on the rocks will make them look more sunk in place.
  • thanks fellas/
    i'm gpong fishing this morning....
  • fishing sucked yesterday. we were on the water at sunup, but the fish weren't cooperating and it was real cold out there. 20 mph wind and 44 degrees, not ideal fishing weather.
    today was another story though. the mailman dropped off BLUE SKY!!! wow, what a kit! tons of white metal and resin castings, and brett also threw in some 3d printed castings. i thought o'neill's was the bees knees, but blue sky might supplant it.
    it's gonna screw up my modeling schedule. i tabled the truck repair until after the logging and tractor repair. it might end waiting until after blue sky too......