visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Our pup was kennel trained which helped us in the beginning, but after she turned 6 months old and potty trained she now sleeps on the foot of our bed. I just could not see her in a kennel anymore. She has a doggy door down stairs to go out side and do her thing. She runs this house...lol
  • Congratulations on your new family member.
  • Beautiful !!!!!
  • thanks fellas. so far she's been a blast. except, she's a howler. scared the crap out of us her first night in the crate. howled like a
    wolf.
  • I think the simple solution here Kevin is to let her sleep in bed.
  • Great pair of ladies there Kev...just make sure you keep the pecking order straight! Lol.
  • brownbr said:

I think the simple solution here Kevin is to let her sleep in bed.

we made that mistake with the last dog, and once that started i never slept through the night. not this time.

• KKarns said:

Great pair of ladies there Kev...just make sure you keep the pecking order straight! Lol.

thanks ken. i'm gonna try.

• I could give you that info. if you want but the hint is...you're at the bottom! Lol.
  • KKarns said:

I could give you that info. if you want but the hint is...you're at the bottom! Lol.

yeah, been there a while..

• Nice looking dog! Sure you'll be happy with her!

Jerry

• Cool puppy and great modeling buddy. Work looks great
  • Well almost been a week. How about an update on Miss Molly! What an absolute cutie.
  • after the first night with the howling, she has slept through the night so that's a good thing. i don't how she did it, but she figured out how to poop in the crate, so that the poop turds land outside of the crate. clever little pooch.
    she's eating like a horse and we're already seeing growth.
    Molly
  • just so everybody knows.....i don't foresee getting down to the workbench for any extended stretch of time for quite a while. molly is a load and i can't leave my wife with her for hours at a time or she'll go nuts.
    i've been working on one of brett's flat tires for three days, about ten minutes at a time; lol. i had to try ken's trick with the epoxy, and it worked well. i still need to take some alcohol and clean up some epoxy on the outside of the tire. if i can get that done in the next day or so i'll post a pic.
  • Enjoy her puppyhood.

• How big do you expect her to get?
  • Kevin, glad to see you got a new member of the family.
  • I hear ya on that one Kevin!! Molly is so cute.
    Just got a new puddy tat here. I swear she is a jumping bean at bed time.
    Wife is grumpy not getting her sleep.
  • geo-she's sleeping between my feet right now
    sakman-her mom is a 30 lb one year old. we have no idea what the father is
    randy-thanks. we are too
    emery-she's as cute as can be at this age. 9 weeks old. a bedtime bundle of energy.
    here's a pick of mom.

mollys mom
  • i'm off all week, so i will be doing some crate training, and while molly's crated i'll be getting back to this kit. question for the class,,,the wall with the forge hood has warped while waiting to be glued to the rest of the building. i'm going to take the forge vent off so i can lay it flat (i'd like to be able to do this without having to remove the windows), so here's my question (i hear a collective, "finally...."): if i mist the wall with water and put it under a weight (9 lb old time iron), will that do the trick? I'm really hoping to be able to get alot done on this during my crate training sessions. :)
  • edited January 2022
    That will work well, Mist it from the inside so that you hit the glue spots. Just get the glue slightly damp to soften it. leave it weighted until you need it. This will allow the glue to not only harden but also cure and shrink completely without being able to move and warp the wall again.

You may need to reglue one or two boards, but no biggie.

Looking forward to your new progress.
  • thanks karl. today while she's in the crate that's what i plan to do.
  • Kev, if you're going to use an iron weight best to put something between the misted wall and the weight or rust from the iron will transfer to the wall. Don't ask me how I know! Should be something that won't absorb moisture from the wall.
  • Kevin, enjoy the puppy weeks. It's all over too fast. The models can wait for a bit.
  • Great advice Tom !!
  • Joel said:

Kevin, enjoy the puppy weeks. It's all over too fast. The models can wait for a bit.

i agree, but the crate training can't so i'm gonna take advantage of that as much as i can. yesterday i planned on leaving her in the crate for two hours. i could only stand her wailing for 45 minutes. and here i thought i was misting the wall with water. turns out it was alcohol. i really need to label my squirt bottles......lol.

• Wont hurt anything and will still work.
  • i don't know how i managed to get this picture. just dumb luck i suppose, but here is a really good picture of molly.

sitting Molly