visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Really nice work Kevin. Can't wait to see it planted on the diorama.
  • ALCO said:

My better half would never let me have a workshop in the living/family room! LOL. I second KK’s “grungy” assessment…which means “Looks great!”

my "workshop" is a tiny corner of the lower level.
    she only goes downstairs to do the laundry, so i'm pretty safe.

• Well, at least you have a sofa so you can relax with a cold one after working on your dio!
  • we just found out our dog is diabetic and has pancreatitis, so i'm not sure how much modeling i'm going to be able to do for a few weeks until we figure out how to regulate her blood sugar.
  • First things first Kevin !!! The build won't run away...
  • My pup had chronic pancreatitis and we managed it for over five years with diet... Work with your vet and stay positive bro!
  • we're getting the hang of the whole insulin injection thing, but the need for testing her blood sugar is a real pain in the ass. we'll get it figured out soon enough. we took her in two mondays ago to have a lump removed from behind her left ear, and when the tech tried to put the cone of shame on her they badly scratched her eye and now it's infected and has an abscess. it's almost completely swollen shut and i'm so pissed about it because she's suffering enough. fortunately the vet recognizes that it was their fault and any eye treatments are "on the house", but after a week of treatment she isn't really showing any improvement. and she's not eating/drinking which makes administering the insulin impossible. we took her to the vet yesterday (i was there every day last week except tuesday) and they kept her for six hours to give her fluids and find a food that she will eat. right now all she can manage is eating a little bit. not enough for a full dose though.
  • I had a diabetic Sheppard so having flash backs from your post regarding the blood sugar testing and insulin injections...feel ya.
  • decided to follow karl's advise on the forge, so i set my dremel up in the work station to use as a drill press. i had to stop cuz the smell was permeating the house and not everyone appreciates the aroma of brett's castings. i got a little over a third of it done.
    hollowing out the forge
    i'll open windows and turn on fans and vents next time.....
  • Hah! yeah, resin can create quite the stink, especially if you have an estrogen count in there... uhmmm, well, you know what I mean! keep at it!
  • in between glucose tests....
  • welp, my dog's in the hospital and i'm two grand lighter.
  • we had a service called gentle goodbye come to the house today and put sadie out of her misery. there was too much going on that needed fixing and it wasn't really possible to get her through it. a vet from gentle goodbye was here around 12:30 and did the deed while sadie was in her bed and we were next to her.
    i can't explain it but this was one of the toughest days of my life.
  • Very sorry to hear Kevin. Losing a pet is a very tough day for sure. You could build a little dog house on your model to honor Sadie. I still keep photos of pets gone on my fridge to remember the good times.
  • Been there more than once, so know what you’re going through...you did it right.
  • So sorry Kevin. Such a tough time. Take your time and grieve. Losing a family pet can be devastating. Best wishes.
  • AFTER 40 YEARS OF NEWFOUNDLAND RESCUE I KNOW YOUR PAIN JUST BE HONORED THAT SHE WAS IN YOUR WORLD. ..C/L.......
  • Sorry for your loss, Kevin.
  • So sorry to hear this news, Kevin. There’s simply nothing to explain — losing a best friend, human or animal, is incredibly tough. We give so much of ourselves to them and they reward us with their trust.

Your final decision allowed her to take that trust with her.

My best to you all.
  • Kevin, so sorry for your lost, it tuff loosing your pup. lost 2 due to age and now have a another pup she is now 4 years old so she will out live me. I so love dogs
  • Just try to remember the good times you had with her, but I can understand it is tough.. so courage my friend.
  • My prayers are with you Kevin. It is a true loss....Rick
  • Kevin, so sorry to hear about Sadie. What a difficult decision. I love what Craig said,
    "Your final decision allowed her to take that trust with her."
  • edited September 2021
    back to this damn thing again. i used epoxy the first two times. it eventually fell off. i tried contact cement. it fell off. i just loaded it up with epoxy again cuz i'm running out of ideas.
    smokejack again
  • the hardest thing about losing your dog is when you realize what an awesome companion he or she was. when ever i came in to the house she was sitting at the top of the stairs waiting for me. if liz was in the bedroom and i was in the living room, she's laying in the hallway, almost geographically dead center between us. she was always under foot. and now she's not. it's pretty sad around here.
  • edited September 2021
    Kevin, so sorry to read about your dog, such a great loss.

If this attempt doesn't work, you could drill a small hole in the stack and glue in a wire (I use the E string of a guitar) and use that to help secure the stack to the wall. The epoxy will have some support that way.
  • Keep modeling Kevin...keep busy. Sounds like she won the lottery with the life she had!
  • Kevin, sounds like your pup was well loved and you were mutually blessed
  • jim: thanks, that a good idea if i need it.
    ken: yes she did. we gave her 8 great years of being a spoiled little dog. we're missing her terribly.