visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Occasional Random Thoughts and Stuff

Comments

• Go guys go!
  • Never enough room on the bench, no matter how big it is! Why is that?

IMG_0857
  • Been wonderin’ what the “boss’s” work area looked like
    Terry
  • Terry, realized this morning for some reason I have never posted a pic of any of my actual workbenches. This is primarily where I paint and weather castings, usually cannot see the glass top, figured since it was kinda clean I would share!
  • It’s purely mathematical...the “stuff” you accumulate is directly proportional to the space available!
  • KKarns said:

It’s purely mathematical...the “stuff” you accumulate is directly proportional to the space available!

So well stated!
  • Looks organized to me! I like the "Riverfront" box there. Detail parts must be under the blue cloth!

Jerry
  • KKarns said:

It’s purely mathematical...the “stuff” you accumulate is directly proportional to the space available!

Spot on Ken! I have a 30x50 shop that I "will never fill up this much space"...... ya right!
    It took 3 months.
  • Love the containers of 3D printed detail parts. Probably like most of our work spaces there's just enough room to actually do some work.
  • My workbench is a 3 ft. wide flat solid core door. It's a heavy brute. I built 2 drawer units, 1 for each side with a place to sit between them. I also have a shelf I built along the wall in front of where I sit. Everything is full and there's just enough room to work at. Most everything is within arms reach and accessible.
  • Something new?
  • Not going to post my work area in detail, its all over my man cave! In fact if you see my other sw builds you will get an idea :smiley:
  • Hmmmm also i see something Hmmmmm
  • The Riverfront tease?
  • No teases or sneaky items in the photo! Just my painting bench.
  • admin said:

No teases or sneaky items in the photo! Just my painting bench.

Your no fun at all!!

Jerry

• edited October 2021
    Oh man, this was on ebay this morning. Vintage huh? I'm not old enough to be vintage. c'mon man...

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 7.37.31 AM

No smart ass comments are allowed from Jerry btw. He's waaaaaaaaay older than me.
  • That just means you are like a fine wine......Rick
  • Good one Jim! lol...
  • admin said:

Oh man, this was on ebay this morning. Vintage huh? I'm not old enough to be vintage. c'mon man...

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 7.37.31 AM

No smart ass comments are allowed from Jerry btw. He's waaaaaaaaay older than me.

Me make a smart ass comment?? Never! I may look older but you know the real truth Brett!!

Jerry

• Jerry I know I'm older than you by a year but I didn't realize our fearless leader had caught and then passed us!
  • stickers?
  • edited November 2021
    The listing is just flat out inaccurate (as so many on ebay are)
    I have never sold stickers.

My fav are the jerks who add (Sierrawest?) to the listing (like the question mark makes is all ok) when trying to sell some POS casting that I would NEVER let out of my shop due to the fact that it is a blob of unrecognizable metal. Seems innocuous at first but there are folks who are unfamiliar with my company and may be exposed to this "casting" as a real SW. I have spent 16+ years perfecting the art of casting and these db's come along and damage my reputation with crap like this. Yeah, pisses me off and ebay is absolutely no help in removing this dishonest trash. And all to sell a $5 item. Aholes...
  • Guess I'm "in a mood" this morning...
  • Brett.
    It is snickers not stickers they thought you were putting one in each order.
  • [snicker, snicker]
  • not a fan of peanuts, more of a milky way guy... or better yet some good toffee...