visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

R.R.C aka Robert's Railroad Camp

Comments

• Robert, the details are just fantastic
  • KKarns said:

Good grief Robert...amazing interior details!

and in context, none of it looks miniature. there is nothing in the photo to give a hint that it/s in miniature. it's astonishingly good....

• I think there needs to be a mouse hole in here somewhere. With a mouse of course.
  • brownbr said:

I think there needs to be a mouse hole in here somewhere. With a mouse of course.

robbing a mouse trap.
    wait for it....

• Looks like the stair tread edges are worn down from use. Very nice touch.
  • Wonderful detailing, as always!
    I love being rewarded with a fully laid interior when I peak through a door or window!
  • In between the walks and education of Jethro, our new Old German Shepherd dog ( 5months) , I've managed to continue a bit on my build. The different buildings of this kit will be placed separately from each other . There's too much fine detail in each of them to hide that.

So here's the warehouse. I decided to put it , as often seen, on a brick base. Makes it more interesting to look at also.

Not finished yet, but you'll get an idea of where I am heading to.. The bricks are made of cork and placed one by one. The mortar is real fine cement and plaster. More weathering later.. This wall catches the rain. West side... :smiley:

DSCN5469

DSCN5470

More to come.. :wink:
  • The weathering change from top to bottom is amazing
    Terry
  • Some of the best weathering I've seen. Those bricks two steps above the best!!

Jerry
  • So well done Robert as always.
  • Just amazing Robert.
  • Great job all around! Thanks for showing what’s possible.
  • Great work! The bricks are amazing! Love how you made the moss look so real on the brick and the wood.
  • edited December 2021
    Robert, you do fantastic work!
    Love the color and weathering on both wood and bricks.
    Looks old and grungy....nice work
  • Superb, cannot wait to see this completed!
  • Looks fantastic Robert, love the weathering on the wall and the brickwork is extremely nicely done.
  • Wow, the brickwork has some really great detail in it. Wonderfully done, looking forward to seeing more.
  • It looks good on a foundation
  • More work on this part of the build... Just presented outside so you can see the colors in natural daylight. These doors open and close from the inside . Hence no door handle..Not finished yet !!

DSCN5475

DSCN5480

DSCN5477

:wink:
  • OK Robert I do not know how it keeps getting better but WOW.
  • Are you sure this isn't the real thing? Exceptional as always....Rick
  • 3.That is all sad.
  • Looking great Robert, love your wood tones and the brick work looks wonderful.
  • Outstanding as usual..
  • Beautiful, Love the colouring. The eyehooks holding the chimney stays are a great touch
  • Robert.
    Next time just post a photo of a soda bottle very popular with model railroading.......
  • Missed those eye hooks on the chimney. Going the extra mile pays off!
  • There has to be sumpin’ that Robert has missed!!!!
    Well done buddy. A joy to view for sure
    Terry