visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Hi Kevin:
    I wire up almost all of my Sierra kits and I agree, the tiny wires are really hard to work with. I form the two leads into an "X" and then twist them together. Once they are twisted I then solder them and put on PVC shrink tubing. I use this on every wired connection I have as it really helps to hold the wires together. I also use a tool called Quad Hands which holds the wires while I solder and apply the shrink tubing. You may already know all this but if not, it may help. Take care.
  • well gents, i haven''t died, or gone on an international sailing trip. among many other things, i've been scratch building Theo and Charlie's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor and Soda Shoppe. it's a waterfront structure in the town of Norton.
    Theo and Charlies

i can't permanently attach the stairs until i plant the structure and that's a long way down the road.
  • Nice, Kev….glad to have you back
    Terry
  • Impressive! Nicely done!
  • Welcome back Kevin.
  • thanks.
  • Nice job Kevin.

Jerry
  • Very Nice...
  • Holy smoke, great work Kevin !!
  • Kevin, great model. I like how neet and clean the railing is. That is always a sticking point for me. Glad you are back. Randy
  • thanks you guys. unfortunately, it looks like my next project is gonna be the doll house i bought for my niece three years ago. she's getting to the age now, so it's time. hopefully it won't take me too long so i can get back to what i love, swsm kits.
  • Surely there’s space on the Forum for a build log?
  • its a dollhouse. prbably wouldn't be too welcome here, and i wouldn't blame brett if he didn't want it here. frankly, i'm not all that crazy about the idea in the first place.
  • randyp said:

Kevin, great model. I like how neet and clean the railing is. That is always a sticking point for me. Glad you are back. Randy

randy, a couple of years ago i scratchbuilt a version of the idaho hotel and had alot of railings.spindles, so i devised a jig for building the railings. that jig sure came in handy on this project. i just used bigger spacers between the spindles for these. there's still a couple of ';leaners', but i'm gonna live with em.
  • Kev….where in the queue is the Sawmill???
    Terry
  • Kevin, no mater how you did the work it looks nice. Randy
  • Kev….where in the queue is the Sawmill???
    Terry

terry, i gotta build this doll house, and then after that i want to build the water tower and handcar shed. the sawmill is after that.

randyp said:

Kevin, no mater how you did the work it looks nice. Randy

thanks randy.
  • Nice build!
  • TomMich said:

Nice build!

thanks tom.

• Kevin Doll Houses are fun to build! And wait an see how much your niece will appreciate it!!

Jerry
  • Jerry said:

Kevin Doll Houses are fun to build! And wait an see how much your niece will appreciate it!!

Jerry

i'm three days into the build and yesterday i stained the front door and painted the trim around it. it looks really nice. all the big pieces have been painted and tomorrow i get to sand them, then assemble the shell. i'm looking forward to it.
  • my wife decided to go all in with aarp and she discovered an art class. she ordered about $70 worth of prismacolor pencils and started the class last saturday, and had her second class today. check it out.

• for some reason i am unable to upload a picture. i've tried a half dozen times.
  • one oddity i've 'discovered' while building this doll house is that the doll house builders don't use clamps. everything is held with high tack masking tape. its crazy but it works.
  • i finished the dollhouse.

finished dollhouse
  • That turned out right nice Kevin. Find you a door mat and a scale Molly to lay on it!!
  • Kev you did a really fine job on the house. I'm sure the niece is happy with it.

Jerry
  • Nice, Kev

“You’re the bestest uncle in the whole wide world”

Terry
  • Looks great! Move in ready!
  • Looks great buddy, that is going to be one very happy little girl....
    Side business coming up for all of her friends... make yourself some modeling money.