visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

logging and tractor repair shed

Comments

• Perseverance and resourcefulness win the day! Keep at it! This is a great build!
  • turned out to be a good thing that brett included drawings of the trusses on one of the templates. that was very helpful in the rebuilding of all four of the trusses.
  • edited April 2023
    I've made additional trusses out of the scraps left over from cutting out the original trusses and they turned out great. I can't wait to see your new trusses and your good solution.
  • edited April 2023
    Jim M said:

I've made additional trusses out of the scraps left over from cutting out the original trusses and they turned out great. I can't wait to see your new trusses and your good solution.

i have a pretty good stash of scale 2 x6s", so i built them out of that. i managed to get the board that had the light fixtures attached, glued on and i added 5 or 6 more to provide some "attic storage" and to help hide the wires womewhat. my dog is sick (i've been up since 2 am) with the shits and she's already left me two huge messes to clean up, so i don't know if i'm gonna be able to get to the bench today. i sure want to because before i can hide wires i need to glue the truss assembly in place so when i go to wrestle the wires in place i have something holding the trusses firmly.

• trusses are installed.
    trusses installed
  • Nicely done Kevin. That was a good fix.
  • so my poor dog pooped in her crate 3 more times last night, and as a result, it's now been two night with very little sleep. i think a call to the vet is in order today.
    thanks jim. now that the glue is set i get to try to hide the wires next, and if that goes according to plan, i can put the roofs on and epoxy them together. then its back to the details to finish this critter up.
  • Looks good Kevin.

Hope the dog is better.

Jerry
  • edited April 2023
    Hope Molly gets better soon. We know how stressful it is to have an ailing pup. Have you tried adding a little canned pumpkin to her feed? That adds a bit of fiber and might help some. The vet visit is a good idea, especially if this has been dragging on for a bit.
  • That turned out well.
  • The trusses, braces and repairs all look great Kevin and the wiring will now be tucked away nicely.
    This is coming along beautifully, very well done.
  • Looking good Kevin !!
  • Thumbs up, buddy

Terry
  • looks great!
  • Looking good.....I'm using wiring that is going to look like real wires going into conduit...tough job hiding it all though...
  • thank you fellas.
    no poop in her crate last night. i think she's out of the woods after a trip to the vet yesterday and a couple hundreds bucks spent. bottom line is she's better and i managed to get 7 hrs sleep. the grandsons are coming today so no modeling until monday.
  • Looking good.....I'm using wiring that is going to look like real wires going into conduit...tough job hiding it all though...

i would have loved to not have the shrink tube where iit is so i could conceal them better. also, the wire that i have that i used to extend the leads is insulated, so that adds some bulk to them. the leads on the leds aren't long enough to make a clean run to the outside. either that or i'm just a complete monkey when it comes to this stuff....that's a strong possibility.

• Good news about Molly, Kevin!
  • edited April 2023
    Good news about Molly Kev,
    no modelling huh, well you'll have plenty of time for thinkin' and plannin'
  • Glad to hear Molly’s doing better …also, if your wife needs some ideas for my birthday, I have a fairly extensive list to choose from. ;-))

Terry
  • test fitting the roofs on the structure. it's getting closer.....getting closer
  • The stone wall is a great idea !!
  • love the diorama and that stone wall, well done!
  • You’re nailing it, Kev
    Terry
  • Looking Good! Roof turned out really nice.
  • Looking great Kev, the aged grey roof is fantastic.
  • all the trusses are installed, with the lighting attached to them. the logging repair side has two lights, and the tractor repair side has another one, plus the forge. so now....i get to tear out the "terrain" that's hiding the existing wiring for the forge, so i can attach them all to the power source. once i get that ripped out i'll figure out what i'm gonna do.

all trusses and lights installed

i'm open to suggestions....
  • Exciting isn't it.... :wink:
  • Looking good.
  • Looking amazing, the stone wall is nicely done.