visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

Comments

• This is an actual florescent tube about 3 inches long. Amazing light!

67192591_2149198555206014_200010004135149568_o
  • Looking real good.
  • very cool.
  • No...way cool!...you've got the urban flair Eric...most excellent modeling. I don't think I could do a scene that's reasonably clean!
  • The counter. Beginning to detail the interior.

IMG_6244
  • One for Edward Hopper.

IMG_6242
  • nailed it!
  • Fantastic work Eric. Great detailing .
  • Really nice.
  • And for the HOT weather.

IMG_6246
  • Neat to see the different lights reflecting off the wet street. Nicely done.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Great scene, I love the wet street too. Just right.
  • edited July 2019
    Thank you, Brett! I'm finally beginning to capture the look I was hoping for. Slightly 1950s O-scale modeling mixed with more modern methods—a balance of two worlds of m. railroading.

Note the bulldog 9-Ball and the vintage Playboy from 1956.

IMG_6260
    IMG_6258
  • Eric,

Awesome produce truck. But you already know my weakness for vehicles and trucks in particular.

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • coolest scene ever....
  • Superb! I admire modelers who can visualize these urban scenes and put them together so well.
  • All the details are so well executed. It all flows into each other. Great work Eric. How about some specifications on the content of Mr. Turner's library... :smiley: :smiley:
  • For Robert: inside the reading room. Maine was pretty Puritanical in 1956, so the town didn't want a poolroom. Note town name on the calendar!

Ken, I think growing up in failing Mill Towns is the advantage.

Keb, which one?

Dave, I'm taking a special photo JUST for you today!

HB3Q071IFKBF
    IMG_4035
    IMG_4364
  • This is just a fantastic interior. The printing is so crisp !
  • Robert, from a real calendar hanging in the old station. Printed from a photo.

Joel, this shows my bottle painting technique. Just one coat of iridescent green acrylic from Golden.

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 8.21.46 AM
  • And just because I think this photo Amanda took is cool.

IMG_5995
  • It is !!!!!
  • edited July 2019
    And for my pal Dave S.

IMG_6296
    IMG_6298
  • That's some mighty fine modeling...
  • Eric,

Thanks for the two special edition photos at the end of today's post.

Wow!!! That's some lineup of commercial trucks (oil spreader, flat bed, oyster truck and vegetable vendor) in the foreground with the '42 Ford cab tucked in behind them plus that fantastic tow truck by Lee in the background. One can never have enough trucks from my perspective and you have one impressive fleet going there. I think each vignette should have a minimum of two trucks.

Later, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • admin said:

That's some mighty fine modeling...

That's the least one can say... Like Dave said, impressive fleet of beautiful trucks.
  • Very impressive for sure. Is that a mother holding a baby in the middle of the street?

Mike S.
  • Mike S. It is a model of a bronze statue representing the Virgin Mary or the Madonna. Many New England mill towns found Her to be a sacred symbol of kindness and goodness.
  • I have never been in New England so I did not know that.

Thanks,
    Mike S.