visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

Comments

• And she's looking right at the Adult Reading Room!
  • And Ken, those are the people who need all the help they can get.
  • isnt that the purpose of the adult book store?

....jus' sayin'
  • I guess it depends on what kind of help they need
  • I'm with Keb. Besides, she may be a virgin, but that does not mean she is against the healing powers of sex with someone you love.
  • Getting ready for Mainers and food.

67668489_2174435969348939_1151950124738412544_o
    IMG_6332
  • There sure is an eye for detail .. Nicely done !
  • Diner about done.

IMG_6383
  • Eric,

Now all you need to complete the scene is about a dozen or more customers standing in line out the door!
    "Buy them by the sack"... I did my share of that back in the day. But in the Chicago area it was known as White Castle. Love those "SLIDERS". Extra pickle and extra sauce is a must.

Maybe put a narrow counter along the window with the round stools under it so you can have customers sitting looking out of the window chomping away on the sliders and slugging down a coke. Also add a cash register on the counter and a family walking out of the door with a sack full of sliders.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Eric. That reminds me of the days in Philadelphia where I was raised, Great detail.
    .............Carl...............
  • Is it just me or does that counter top look moldy green!..hehe
    Nice work by the way
  • Look's like worn out formica to me.
  • Dave, already there:

IMG_6385
  • Note the best photos but shows the details:

IMG_6373
    IMG_6378
  • Anybody noticed the mirror behind the counter? You can see the reflection of the badass guy with the hat. And all the saltshakers... even the full ashtray...AMAZING
  • Great attention to detail!
  • Outstanding Eric!
  • big thumbs up from me dude!
  • Great scene. Beautifully done.
  • The first photo I'm really pleased with. Love the difference in the diner's fluorescent light and poolroom's incandescent.

67633908_2186356911490178_1957640922376175616_o
  • A really good shot. Great scène btw...
  • And e-mail I wrote to Michael of Elgin Park fame in the spring of 2016 way before I knew I was going to build a model railroad:

I had a very odd night of sleep. I half thought up and half dreamed Elgin Harbor, which is a decrepit coastal town. The part I entered and built in my mind was on a long pier over the ocean, the last building over the tide a poolroom, which served soft-shell crab sandwiches. Next a magazine, news, and tobacco store, then a slim lunchroom. I had to make the pool tables and draw all the newspapers for you. You built the rest. What a weird night!
  • The lines right out of a best selling novel... :smiley:
  • Signs really do make a difference. Remember: 1956.

67632920_2188409041284965_4347026577414946816_o
  • Very nice...love the "tire tubes" sign at the very top left...looks a bit odd with the two wood backed signs suspended out from the corner...how are these supported/fastened?
    Brick work is great.
  • Ken, this building is only viewed under a bridge in the dark. Frankly, this is WAY overkill.
  • oh I see, said the blind man! Beautiful view.
  • Love the brick colour. Great stuff.