visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

1222324252628»

Comments

• Eric.
    That is quite the wonderful display of Art Work there. How many hours.????????
  • edited September 2022
    EricMG said:

MIRRORED LANDSCAPE

IMG_6735 2

What a great shot of nostalgia and perspective.

However, it is obviously not mirrored,
    but, it is still a very cool picture.

Is this another one of your "spot the difference" Photos like the previous ones you posted of the interior staircase? I'll admit, I only got 5 'differences' on this one, but over 10 on the last 'staircase' one. How many are there to find this time?

I do like the style and appreciate the artistry involved in these creations.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Karl A. The point of these outside of the visual power is that eventually the viewer realizes that everything is different between the two sides, so "infinite" would be the answer I would hope for. Life is like this from moment to moment. Once an instant has passed it can never be captured again except in art. Thus the importance of art. You do the same thing in your models.
  • But, Karl, there are WAY more than just five obvious differences. Even the signal lights give you way more than five. Look again, please. Did you see the human?
  • Carl, six months.
  • Lee Turner arranged the signal light colors for me. That is beyond my railroad knowledge.
  • To me the image captures the brutal beauty of real railroading.
  • I realized I never did post a final professional photo of my Mirrored Landscape. It was just shown at the Miami Basel.

Mirrored L smudge copy
    ML smudge copy
  • edited January 2023
    Very nice….
    Nice piece of work MG….congrats on the showing
    Terry
  • Very nice indeed!!

Jerry
  • Thank you, guys!
  • Nice to finally reach the top after so many years. I was hanging next to Hisaya Taira the great realist in Japanese history. That was the best part by far.
  • The plaid bags are fun to do. Some sides are better than others so placement needs to be thought out.

IMG_0929
    IMG_6897
    IMG_8405 copy
  • edited March 2023
    Hats off to Karl for the absolute cutting-edge modeling of those soda bottles. Just when we thought there was nothing new, a whole new world opens. Well done Brett!

We need some better-looking cats! And dogs!
  • I bought the SW standard tractor. Cannot find the instructions. PLEASE help.
  • Regular! Seat sticks out the back.