visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

Comments

• I have just finished reading through all your posts here Eric. I stop on every photo and go through them to find all the little bits of extremely well thought out mini scenes. Your attention to detail is absolutely fantastic. The clothing on the washing line, the drum with the fire and smoke, the way you took that one piece casting with the '32 Ford 5 window coupe, made it look like everything was weathered, placed individually and incorporated it into your layout. I could go on and on and fill a page or two with everything I was able to enjoy. I thought I did well with cigarettes in an ash tray on the desk in the sawmill, but you made yours look like I could smell the cigarettes.

I like to try to add little bits of detail that didn't come in a kit to make it my own. I'm in the process of installing an acetylene, oxygen filling scene inside my version of Bretts magnificent O scale O'Neills Fabrication, but I'm finding it very difficult to do things so intricate like that now due to age and health problems.

You have joined an elite group of model railroad artists that produce the best structures and dioramas I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. Of course I'm not any where close to what these people make, but I try. I have learned more here in this Forum than any other group, magazine or video and I can only hope that what I learn from here can do justice to Bretts Sierra West Scale Models. The very best of kit builders.
  • Both the truck repair and the drawings look great Eric! Good to see you back posting.
  • Those drawings are exquisite. You are a true artist, Eric.
  • Funny, right?

51202427_1896811273778078_5592341796450467840_n
  • not if you're an unclaimed woman
  • kebmo said:

not if you're an unclaimed woman

hah! agreed.

• Some women might like being unclaimed! I would NOT want to judge.

Keb, the secret to drawing the harsh light is not following a photo, but squinting your eyes and seeing that, drawing that.
  • EricMG said:

Some women might like being unclaimed! I would NOT want to judge.

True!

• Not an easy lit!

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 7.56.16 AM
  • Maybe not easy, but that's fantastic.
  • Lotta grease and grime buildup….looks great
    Terry
  • Excellent job on the grease. It looks like it could just start turning any minute.
  • Stunning work Eric. Just fantastic detail. The way the light plays off the walls and glass is amazing.
  • edited May 2022
    Has anyone created a pit in any of their truck repair facilities?

IMG_8230
  • I see the rifle hanging on the storage bins ready for any varmits that happen along!
    Terry
  • What-cha been up to MG?…..haven’t ‘seen’ you around for awhile
    Terry
  • In the process of doing mine now.....I may need to do this too.....
  • no, but i have it on the shelf so who knows?
  • Terry, just finished my sixth novel which will be published soon. Working on another drawing. Trying to enjoy retirement so I'm fighting with Medicare and SS. Usual shite. How about you?

• Note the sign. Howard Johnson's brother owns this in Maine in 1956.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 8.09.41 AM
  • Terry, did you look up the novels?
  • Eric.
    You have done a great job there are some nice details there. ......Carl.......
  • Carl, thank you. How are you, buddy?
  • Great work. I am a voracious reader. What titles? Post or message please.
  • Mike. My trilogy: A REPAIR MANUAL for NEW ENGLAND MELANCHOLIACS, LIVECELL, HOLED UP. Newer novels: CLIP, GLANCE. Easy to get on Amazon. Also read beginnings for free. And reviews, of course.
  • Do anyone of you guys know what this image is? I just finished this color pencil drawing on panel. 14 by 36 inches, MIRRORED LANDSCAPE WITH SMUDGE POTS.

IMG_6735 2
  • David C, did I ever respond to you lovely message? Sorry if not.
  • DEtail of new drawing:

IMG_6737 2 copy
  • I'll never forget that. Those are the elevated Metra (originally Chicago & North Western) tracks that leave the now Ogilvie Transportation Center (originally Chicago and North Western Terminal) Northbound between N. Canal and Clinton Streets in Chicago. Look at all those semaphores