visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

Comments

• I echo Steve’s comments….I’m generally a silent observer for a few reasons but have enjoyed seeing your work and hope you continue to post…
    btw, Steve, I’ve been enjoying your layout build over on the other “site”…if you would send by PM the web link where you show several of your individual models
    Terry
  • edited September 2021
    Eric, I’m late to joining this forum, so I missed out on 99% of the build threads as they were on-going, including yours.

I’ve done my share of reading, though. Here’s my two cents, as an outsider looking in:

I think you are an excellent modeler. Your detail work is top drawer, your scenery work is natural and your choices are inspired and creative. I really do look forward to your next build.

Here’s the thing: you can’t expect folks to comment. This is a public forum. More pointedly, criticizing that same community for NOT commenting is never going to help.
    “Close-minded” is a very strong statement, Sir.

I think a better way of boiling this down is: expecting compliments on how you’ve changed something from what people are here to celebrate will divide the audience. It’s just that simple — and certainly something you shouldn’t take personally about the quality of your work (because it’s great).
  • Steve, thank you! Please send me your link as well. Seabee, thanks for having my back most of the time!
  • edited September 2021
    i agree with steve. especially the streets in penoscott!
  • Since the hourglass of my life is more empty than full, I’ll migrate my attention to the discussions about craftsmanship and creativity.
  • kebmo said:

i agree with steve. especially the streets in penoscott!

er...penobscot

• How is everyone? I can only hope you're going great. Cheers from Maine!

IMG_3642
    IMG_3643

• Nice Loco....good to see you back...Hope you are well...
  • Hey MG…good to see you checking in
    Terry
  • Hey Eric, good to hear from you. Bet you're up to your rear end in snow.
  • What scale is the loco Eric?
  • Hello Eric. Been awhile. Hope all is well. Love that loco. If not mistaken, that is an O scale.
  • Thanks Emery...that is a fine looking specimen.
  • edited February 2022
    Yes, all I model these days is O-scale. I can't even "see" HO. I see I missed sending my Christmas card. And, YES, we did have a bit of snow. Keeps all you southern people honest when you move up here. Belfast has the fastest-growing real estate in Maine. Up 30 percent in one year. And we have a 21 room Victorian. I miss motor racing!

• Below is my new drawing series titled NOIR TIME DIPTYCHS. These are DRAWING infused into aluminum sheet in full color. I think I invented this. Size is 18 by 25 inches.

TD-Berk copy
    TD-Cardinal-NEW WEB copy
  • edited February 2022
    Sorry, duplicate
  • Jim M, I had trouble with the pump as well, but solved it using a scaled photo. Then covered the glass with GAC 100.

IMG_9673
  • edited February 2022
    Eric, that's crazy good modeling and a great solution to the "glass". I think I just ended up leaving the "glass" off. Fantastic weathering on the loco. Is that a Lionel Challenger?
  • Jim, yes. I felt pretty insane weathering a 2k engine! I paid that for cars!
  • IMG_3054 (1)
    IMG_8133

IMG_8230

A few detail shots. That's a stepladder in the pit.
  • Jim, Wausau?
  • No, but that's the closest big town. We live in the middle of nowhere out in the country.
  • That is a fantastic scene with the pit, nice job. Love all the bins full of parts and tools and the also the gaskets. Looks very authentic.
  • Jim M said:

That is a fantastic scene with the pit, nice job. Love all the bins full of parts and tools and the also the gaskets. Looks very authentic.

yes it sure does

• EricMG said:

Below is my new drawing series titled NOIR TIME DIPTYCHS. These are DRAWING infused into aluminum sheet in full color. I think I invented this. Size is 18 by 25 inches.

TD-Berk copy
    TD-Cardinal-NEW WEB copy

amazing how you manage to replicate the bright sunlight.
  • thanks, Keb.
  • Very nice