visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

By Way of Introduction

Comments

• That is a really fine construction you made there !!
  • Irony with a pickaxe!

IMG_8955
    IMG_8956
  • Are you using acrylic to make the ice blocks?
  • Note salt sacks. The ice blocks are plastic with different finishes. The salt was a Tylenol.IMG_8988
  • Very convincing.. Well done.
  • Very beautiful work Eric!!
  • Thanks, guys!

IMG_8990

• Karl A.

It seems I never thanked you for the many photos that helped me on my ice vendor project. I didn't even answer your question about who built it. Of course I built it, who else? Not sure how I missed all that, but the nastiness that had been directed toward me over my backwoods gasoline station just seemed unreasonable and unfair and deeply hurt my feelings. I'm not even sure I'll ever understand why painting a few boards pastel striped would offend anyone. I just sensed everyone wanted me gone, so I went. Cheers to my few friends here. Hope life is wonderful for you. I miss the exchange here when it used to be polite and cheerful, but who needs a forum that just squashes your good intentions and ridicules your hard work.

So, thank you Karl A, for your photos.
  • Was this really so awful that it deserved just disdain?

IMG_8408
    IMG_8409
    IMG_8701 copy
  • i think it was just too far outside the box for most of us. overall i'd have to say that your work is pretty damn incredible. love the ice house.
  • edited August 2021
    Personally, Eric, in my opinion you should model however you feel like modeling. Disdain is on the observer, not you.

George
  • ERIC.
    PAY NO ATTENTION THERE ARE ALL KINDS ON HERE SOME VERY KIND AND SOME THAT WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THEY NEVER POST A PICTURE OF THEIR WORK BUT HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT OTHERS. .....CARL.......
  • As I have always said....it's "Your World" that you model.....your choices and interpretations.....there are always people that will not like your world....and it is only an opinion.....I think you are an outstanding modeler....keep doing what you want to do...and ignore those that talk trash....
  • I'll echo that !! Amen....
  • Thank you so much my few friends. That means more than you'll know.
  • ERIC.
    PAY NO ATTENTION THERE ARE ALL KINDS ON HERE SOME VERY KIND AND SOME THAT WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THEY NEVER POST A PICTURE OF THEIR WORK BUT HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT OTHERS. .....CARL.......

Most of the folks who comment here have posted a ton of their work. Whom were you specifically calling out?
  • Skating on very thin ice.... :wink:
  • THAT IS JUST MY OPINION BRETT THAT IS ALL IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT THEN TAKE IT DOWN DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.
  • No reason to take it down Carl, you are certainly welcome to express your opinion. I was just wondering who you were referring to?
  • I thought that this forum was to help us be better modelers and to share ideas. If we only heard comments that your work was great and outstanding when it is not does not, doesn't help anybody. I welcome both constructive positive and criticism comment of my work. It makes me a better modeler.
  • edited August 2021
    Now that is very well stated!
  • I totally agree with that. I would want someone to tell me a better way of doing something. As stated it's how we all get better. We can only hope that we all treat each other with respect. Brett has given us all a great product to start with. Once we own it, it does become ours....to use in our "model world". While everything that others do may not be what we might do...we need to converse in a constructive manner.
  • Great work!! please keep posting.
  • Now, in my modest opinion, I have never read negative and destructive comments here on the forum. At most ,people are surprised if things are done in a different way. So perhaps you are over reacting a bit.. I never heard the words UGLY, BAD, GROS or anything of that kind. People here express their thoughts in a 'diplomatic' way, and wish in no way to hurt others. And it's true that one learns more if someone has a completely opposite thought or point of view than yours. Makes you think and see things in a different way . Everybody knows by now you are an artist with great modeling skills, no doubt about that. So come on Eric, continue to amaze us with your fantastic work... :wink:
  • edited August 2021
    well said robert
  • Robert, you've missed a very major point. Silence, nothing, no comment, nothing is the most hurtful and condemning of all comments. You have even mentioned this to me. When most projects on this forum get dozen of posts (comments), and on the conclusion, many many more, and I get none on finishing mine, it hurts. Or maybe one comment. Only an idiot would not get the message. Think about that, please. Silence is DAMNING. If a music band finishes playing and no one makes a sound, think on that. Boos are better!
  • That is true Eric, very true, but with 17.4K views you have until now, mmmhh, I don't have that number.

Very often, , people don't dare to respond or show their work because of the high level of work to be seen here on the forum and think theirs is not worth it. Completely wrong of course, but that's how it is. How much we try to convince them otherwise. ,

But that doesn't mean you are not being watched !! Hence the 17,4K So I wouldn't panic :wink: or think people don't like what you're doing anymore because they do !!! At least I do and I can point out a few more.... :smiley: And, artists are known to be sensitive beings, that's why they produce art...

When the music's over....(The Doors..) ... :wink:
  • Robert, the ratio of views to the number of positive comments intensifies my point! You must see that. Anyway, a moot point. Why would I bother to post where I am not appreciated. I was hurt for a while, but it has passed. Besides my gas station has received RAVES in other model venues. It is this place that I think is a bit close-minded, but if that floats boats, drift away. Cheers! Your tower is SO SO Good! See you over at the friendly spot, where the beer is cold, the women warm, and the modeling great.
  • Eric, I always appreciate your modeling. Your artists approach is refreshing and unique. I liked the rainbow colored siding, I thought it was a brave choice and it worked out in the end. I think both you and Robert have some of the most interesting and different approaches to Brett’s kits and modeling in general.

I tend to be more of an observer and I don’t comment as much as I should but I’ve never seen anything you’ve done that I didn’t like. I think you have some of the best street level modeling I’ve seen.

-Steve