visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#304 O Scale BlueSky Company. Karl.A

15678911»

Comments

• Whichever you choose it will be a great build to follow. Always enjoy seeing what you do.
  • Thanks Tom.
  • Finishing touches,
    made and installed the gas scene lamp pole.
    getting the roof details ready for install.
  • I need extra shelving like this.
  • Karl...how many years worth of your efforts are we looking at on the shelves? Always a learning experience to follow your builds...am happy to know I'm not the only modeler who has a hard time finishing a build...keep on keepin' on

Terry
  • Continued great scenery work Karl. I love your imagination in setting the scene. I see you also install pins on your roof stacks. It really works well. Phil
  • You should charge money for people to see your handiwork!
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks guys.

Its nice to look at them when they are done Bryan, and also good to be reminded of what still needs to be done.

That's probably about 5 or 6 years of 'work' Terry, apart from the Locoshop, I used to be quite prolific when I started, there's more on a different shelf behind me and several stacked up in the laundry room, and O scale Shelby's is out in the main room, I really haven't done anything for the last 5 years, until the last few months, so its good to be back in here modeling again.

Thanks Phil, I like the extra support when placing the stack and also as a handle when painting.

That would be nice Alan, but, they're all free for anyone to enjoy. (donations are welcome tho, haha)
  • edited February 2021
    I deleted my previous posts on the water for a couple of reasons,

firstly, I tried to adjust a few areas the next day which started a downward spiral, I started getting frustrated and impatient, rushed a few steps and messed it all up completely.

secondly, its not really a standard method, even though its similar to modgepodge or liquitex, but it is really quite out of the norm and inappropriate to post, so I thought it best to remove it... and now, onward.

I'm not trying to hide my mistakes, I just dont want anyone else to repeat them and end up in trouble. I should have thought it through better before I posted, I'm out of practice.
  • edited April 2021
    Well guys, I need to walk away from this for a little while (no, it won't be another 10 years, hopefully less than 10 weeks) but, I can feel myself 'forcing it' and that's never a good sign for me.

I'm very happy with everything so far, all that I have left to do is the track and the water, so not a big deal, but, I don't want to push it and mess all this work up at the last stage just to 'get it finished'.
    I need to do some research for the water I want, also something for the track, I can do this in the background and come back next week.

Thanks for all of your comments, support and ideas on this build throughout this last month, I'll hopefully see you in another build thread shortly and meet you back here in a week or so for the final pics.

Karl.A
  • A quick view from all four corners before I stick it up on the shelf.
  • I really like your idea of making it waterside.... really makes it neat
  • So close. Looking forward to you finding what you want for completion.,..Rick
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks Mike, me too, I really like how it came together while mostly staying true to Brett's original design, except for the scenery.

Hopefully soon Rick, I know what I want, I just need to make sure I can do it. Sometimes I can make better progress if I start with a pause, instead of rushing forwards. I've learned that the hard way a few times.
  • I'd be interested to see if this setup would work good with the upcoming riverfront (I know ho scale) scene.....
  • Karl, Just fantastic work. Each scene is a mini masterpiece. Thanks for taking the time to post. I learn so much studying the photos and the detailed comments. It's so close....
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks Joel, really appreciated. I'm not really sure I can teach YOU much, but I'm glad you enjoy looking.
    Close, but no cigar, yet.
  • Karl, another fantastic accomplishment. What a build. Been enjoying every post and studied the whole proces. The more because I started with this kit as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to document this build.
    The man is back ! :smile:
  • edited April 2022
    Thank you Robert, so good to hear from you. I remember studying yours and am pleased you have enjoyed mine, so far.
  • Karl my friend. I hope you are well.

So nice to come back to the forum after a long time and see your incredible building again. Between the spending time with the kids, the new business and trying to find time to surf I just haven't had any modelling mojo for quite some time. Seeing this thread has definitely started to get my creative juices going again.

That last shot you posted shows that you haven't lost your touch. Cant wait to see more.
  • Thanks Wes, so great to read you bud, I was wondering where you were. So pleased to read that you have been busy with the good things in life. Enjoy it my friend and thanks for the post.
  • edited March 2021
  • Just some great work Karl
  • Ahhh, that was a great weekend. That is a picture of Kevin O'Neill in my workroom building the tractor on the BlueSky diorama. Karl took that pic...
  • "A picture is worth a thousand words!!"

Jerry