visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#304 O Scale BlueSky Company. Karl.A

Comments

• Mic drop. LOL
  • Actually Eric was right. The girl in the pump glass research photo is only 3'6".
  • Beautiful work!
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks Mike, I'm really enjoying this amazing kit.
  • This kit is next on my list after I finish O’Neills. I’m enjoying you enjoying it.
  • Those couple shots look really great Karl. The wood texture and detail is fantastic as is the rest of the scenery and details. The chipping and weathering on the wheelbarrow is excellent too.
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks Alan and Steve, great to read your comments.
    Steve I stole the wheelbarrow from my woodcutters kit, and reworked it, I love that casting.
  • A very cool corner
  • Such a tiny scene, yet so much character. It really adds to the diorama......Rick
  • Thanks Bryan and Rick, it was fun to do.
    Working on the last scene now then finishing touches and done.
  • pretty damn incredible
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks so much Kevin, here's another angle where you can see more of the detail, old crates and pallets, some scrap wood ready to go into the stove. not a great angle/picture, but you can see more of the scene/area.

• edited February 2021
    Swapped out the milk churns on the loading dock with some reels of rope for rigging which makes more sense to me now that its on the waterfront. Time for finishing touches.
  • man i just love the front wall of that warehouse. i can't get enough of it. my brushes never seem to impart that much texture.
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks Kevin,
    the red brush is in the plumbing section, there are two sizes, good for tight deep grain,
    the two on the water come in a pack in the grilling section, I only use the small one, good for wide deep grain.
    These can destroy ALOT of stripwood. So be careful. ha
    I also used a couple of smaller brushes for lighter grain between the deep, it was the combination and alot of time that got the effect.
  • edited February 2021
    Working out the details for the final scene with some help from Brett while I work around the rest of the diorama and fix/finish the little things.
    Mocking things up and planning things out, more to come.

• So many marvelous things from a Master Craftsman. It’s not just your craftsmanship, I also appreciate your thought process as you work through the project! Thanks for sharing.
  • Thanks Alan, very rewarding to read your comment and appreciated.
    Looking forward to following your build. Is it HO or O?
  • Temporary gas pump till I get a better one.
    Time for the water.
  • You have no idea how much pleasure I get watching you bring this together. Fantastic results Karl.......Rick
  • edited February 2021
    Thanks so much for your support and encouragement throughout this month Rick, it has really meant a lot and kept me motivated, along with everyone else who has posted.
    Great to read you have enjoyed my enjoyment of this amazing kit, so far.

looking at my shelves and thinking about the next one to finish...
  • edited February 2021
    I should mention that this is only half of the incredible "BlueSky" Kit and diorama.

I am going to get to working on the second structure and second half of this kit sometime later this year.
    For those of the readers who aren't familiar with the full kit you can see it here...

https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/304.html

There is alot more to come from this great kit, and a lot more still in the box after I finish this first stage...
  • On order Karl. Thanks for putting out an incredible goal to shoot for sir.
  • I kind of like the funky looking gas pump.

Water effect turned out great. I might have done something less choppy, but that's modeling preference.
  • edited April 2022
    Thats great to read Emery. You're really going to enjoy it.

I'm looking at what to finish next, there's a couple on the short list and I've pretty much decided.

165a
    166a

All scratch builds or SierraWest
    Edit :- The 'checked' ones are finished.

• Is everything unfinished? A couple look like they may be done, i.e. Duluth Plumbing......Rick
  • Karl, my vote is for the Loco Shops or the Sawmill!
  • edited February 2021
    About 75% are 'finished' Rick, most of the scratch structures are just going to stay as stand alone structures. There are about 5 that I want to have on finished dioramas.

I went back and checked off the finished ones Rick
  • edited February 2021
    I'd like to Tom, but I'm keeping it simple for now, I'm not ready for either of those yet.

It'll probably be one of the Main Street scratch upscales.