visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Shipyard at Foss Landing (Another One!)

Comments

• Very nice!

Jerry
  • This is coming together great. Another wonderful build of this kit, the wall tones and peeling paint are nicely done and fit together very well.
    Always great to follow and enjoy someone building this kit.
  • Prepared 3 sheets of shingles - a bit of a pain or I would have done more.
    Here's the progress thru what is hopefully the most difficult shingling. I'm not satisfied with the exposure of the flashing which is not as clean as I would like.
    Nevertheless, looks pretty cool.
    Now I'll prepare enough shingles to finish the roof while building and installing the cupola.
    shingles start
  • Looking terrific, great roof work and all around construction.
  • edited November 2023
    Looks fantastic, great variation and colouring on the shingles.
    It might have taken a little while to work around those dormas with the shingles but it was definitely time well spent. The result is superb. Beautifully done and great result.
  • Outstanding. This is moving along nicely.
  • Thanks all. I’ll probably spend today staining shingle strips.
  • great job so far. Another good reference for when I start mine.

Jeff
  • One heckuva lot of shingles! They look pretty well staggered!
  • Ready to head off on a bit of vacation. Finished the main cupola base and shingled to the top today. Will start on the other side when I return.
  • Progress to date:
    roof 1
    roof 2
    roof 3
  • Outstanding! Looks great.
  • Glad I didn't have to nail all those down!! Wonderful work!!

Jerry
  • Good looking flashing around the cupola. Nice straight lines of shingles. I always have trouble keeping mine from either sagging or rising up. Good work. Randy
  • Well done!
  • That is a lot of good looking shingle work. Excellent transitions at the valleys.
  • Wonderful work, beautiful roof, so well done.
    Dont forget the half length shingles on the dorma peaks before the caps go on to keep the reveal consistent. I know you've got this covered but just wanted to make it blatent.
    Great job so far.
  • I'm seeing shingles with my eyes closed.
    Just finished the shingling including the cupola of the main building. Actually, shingling the cupola roof was the hardest thing.
    In retrospect I should have made the single cap shingles shorter, but I'll put that thought away for the future.
    Next is rafters, then another building!
    shingles done 1
    shingles done 2
    shingles done 3
    shingles done 4
  • Looks great.
  • That is a whole lotta shingles sir.
  • Great job. I’m reading the instructions for the shingles and spent an entire afternoon trying to figure it all out. Hope to do as well as you.
  • Thanks all.
    Finished the rafters and putting the main building aside for now. Will begin the warehouse after the holiday. Houseful of guests for Turkey tomorrow, so lots of meal prep.
    Really having fun with this build. The detail in this is amazing.
  • Wow !! even in HO and at this stage it is already impressive !! Great job. To bad it isn't there in O scale.. :wink:
  • Time well spent! Looks great.
  • Added the warehouse.Warehouse 1
    Warehouse 2
  • Looks so beautiful sitting on that clean glass surface.
    Beautiful job all around.
  • edited November 2023
    Away for another week. Before I left, I did one wall of the yardmaster’s office. The clapboard system is really neat and looks really cool. Next week I’ll finish the office and start all the bits that go on the roofs including the tar tank and all the vents. It is really fulfilling to see the main building coming together like this.
  • Looks terrific! Wonderful job!!

Jerry
  • Tah dah...looks splendid!