visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Ken,
    Well said. Not only do we get a chance to purchase some of the finest details available through current technology but an education as well.
    I had no idea of what a Swage Block was/is until the Blacksmith Shop set was available. So thanks to Brett's careful and thorough research about what a competent blacksmith would have at his disposal and available in his shop, and a bit of research on my part I now know. It makes for an interesting trivia question. Neat detail among a host of other fine details.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • I agree! I love details and with every new release from Bret, They get more exciting and better. I already have ideas how I'm going to use the blacksmith set.
  • Big brain on Brett. Is that wonderful caterpillar from the logging and repair shed in the 3d future?
  • edited August 2023
    Compressor 2
    Prior to getting some weathering
  • Some better shots tomorrow once I add some chalk and rust to the mix...
  • edited September 2023
    Comp back
    Comp side
    Comp front
  • Did a little weathering with rust, dirt and grease.....still some more to do.....will do the air hose once I figure out where I'm going to use the compressor.....waiting for the Blacksmith stuff next....
  • Looking great Art, it even has a little 'mini-you' keeping an eye on things.
    I look forard to your work on the incredible Blacksmith set.
  • Thanks Karl.....still working on it.....anxious to start on the blacksmith stull....
  • Looks great nice work.
  • What a wonderful print from SWSM with awesome details. look forward to seeing where you put this beauty Art.
  • Ken I'm in the midst of starting a build (scratch) of a boiler repair/builder facility for logging boilers and steam donkeys.....it will fit in well running the riveters....
  • Farmall_R

The Farmall Regular is considered a revolutionary tractor by many historians. Manufactured by McCormick-Deering at their Rock Island, Illinois plant, over 134,600 were built between its introduction in 1923 and discontinuance (in favor of an updated model) in 1932. I thought this was a great year to bring this to you as it celebrates its 100th Anniversary. The “regular” was the first mass-produced row crop tractor. With its higher ground clearance and standardized features, she was an instant success and helped further the mechanization of America at a crucial time in our history.
    I am so blown away with this model, what a beast! I believe its design bridges the earlier steam powered tractors and combustion engine tractors. Utilizing the latest generation of 3D printers, the quality of the parts are just amazing. I cannot wait to get these latest parts in your hands! The Farmall Regular will be available later this month in both HO and O Scales along with another new 3D Printed kit. Look for a sneak peek at that second kit this week. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to be notified when these are available. I really appreciate the overwhelming support for my 3D Printed parts and kits. I truly cannot thank all of you enough.
  • Looks like another amazing product Brett.

Jerry
  • Looking very good Brett.........
  • What a piece of work, just beautiful! Another must have from the SWSM tractor collection. Look forward to this one.
  • Wow all the new stuff is amazing!
  • Great new kit
  • You have taken 3d printing to an entirely new level. Like everything SWSM, the very best there is.
  • edited September 2023
    No weathering yet.....and you can see the slight modification I did with the roof line..card stock with black tissue paper to resemble sealed tar paper.....I'm in the process of doing the bed area....I will have the wood floored bed...but I am in the process of making a box van piece to fit over the wood bed to give it the choice of two different looks.....detailing and weathering tomorrow....it will be a well used truck in the end...
  • I'm looking forward to your progress with the weathering Art, good start so far on the base colours. Nicely done.
  • Looks good Art, I have ordered one back in July hopefully I will get it soon.
  • well done Art! Look forward to seeing it weathered up.
  • Ford TT 3
    Ford TT 4
    Still want to touch up some spots....but this is the basic dirty truck that will be visiting the Truck Repair for some....well....repairs.....still going to do the alternate van box for the bed....
  • Looks good Art. Now I have something to shoot for. Thanks for the pics.
  • Thanks....once I get it "planted" on the module...I'll add some stuff....
  • Nicely done Art! Love the weathered and well used look. Should prove a great addition.