visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Gene Deimling is doing a wonderful job on his Farmall kit and sharing it out there.
    This pic is posted with his permission.

farmall

Also a pic of the prototype he is copying.

farmall2
  • Nice paint job on a super model !!
  • Beautifully done.
  • i drove past one of these guys yesterday. you nailed it! (so did brett!)
  • Nicely done!
  • Fantastic, very well done.
  • Just beautiful.
  • IMG_0542

My next 3D Printed project is a Ford Model TT Flat Bed Truck. It is based upon a prototype that was modified by the owners over the years and has a wonderful "homemade" appearance. (I'll post a pic of this prototype soon.) This truck will include a twist I have always wanted to produce. (That will be revealed soon too!) Over the next few days I will be posting the parts as they are assembled into the completed kit. Today I start with the single piece chassis. Available later this month in both HO and O Scales.
  • edited June 2023
    First Tractors. Now trucks. Yippee!!!

This link will show some production information as well as a few other models mounted on the same frame, Take a look. Your brain will start buzzing with ideas. As the advertising for White Castle says, "Get them by the sack full."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_TT

Enjoy, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

• Nice looking chassis Brett. Hand looks well weathered how did you do that??

Jerry
  • Jerry said:

Nice looking chassis Brett. Hand looks well weathered how did you do that??

Jerry

By his own manuals.. :smiley: Great work on the truck so far !!!
  • I'm very excited about this one, the "twist" is very cool!
  • can't wait to pick up one of these guys!
  • For all you guys who like tractors, I ran across this collection of John Deere tractors on a recent trip coming home from Flagstaff.Tractor 1
    Tractor 2
    Tractor 3
    Tractor 4
  • IMG_0554

IMG_0551

Thank you for following along in the development of the SierraWest Ford Model TT Flat Bed 3D Printed kit. The cab, steering wheel, and tires/wheels are pictured today. It is so important to me that my 3D Printed kits are easy to assemble so you can enjoy the process and concentrate on painting and weathering. Wait till you see the ease with the way this kit comes together. I always disliked assembling vehicle kit cabs, messing with and trying to align the sides, roof, floor, cowl, etc… Pictured is my two-piece assembly. Simply glue the steering wheel in place! The roof will be added later as per the prototype.
    She is starting to look like something now. The next post will reveal the “twist”. Can’t wait to share it with you!
  • Now that right there is extremely nice... cant wait for the 'twist'...
  • Exciting times for sure being associated with SWSM
    Terry
  • i think we're ready for it....
  • edited June 2023
    Crazy cool! Will we be able to buy spare parts like wheels and axels? Just thinking out loud.
    I had been thinking another teaser was in order and you came up with one. The next week or so will somehow become an eternity.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • This looks VERY nice !!!

And I agree with the fact that it is so frustrating to try to glue some companies white metal parts that make up a cabin or whatever, , that usually don't fit, are deformed , have very little detail , are broken when they arrive etc., So, this is a great solution.

Ready for the next installment !! :wink:
  • Looks great Brett.

Jerry
  • Thanks everyone! Excited about this project. Lots of fun to assemble this kit.
  • Just ordered mine!
  • IMG_0578b

Ford Model TT Flat Bed Truck kit - Now Available here:
    https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/3DP_tractor.html

The Model TT was based upon the Model T but had a longer wheelbase and heavier frame/rear axle making it the perfect light duty truck. The truck debuted in 1917 selling for $600.00. Ford only sold the engine and the chassis leaving it up to the buyer to either custom complete the truck cab and body themselves or pay a coach builder to finish it for them. My kit is based upon a homebuilt model that was recently photographed out there "in the wild”. By the mid 1920’s Ford offered a factory built cab. By 1928, over 1.3 million Ford Model TTs had been sold, wow!
  • Just got back from my morning exercise routine and began to review the mail that had come in during the night, Then like magic Brett's announcement came up o my computer at 7:41 ::45 local time. By 7:45 I had my order placed. So now half of the anticipation is over.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • hah! Thanks Dave, your support is always appreciated.
  • ALCO said:

Just ordered mine!

Thanks so much Al! Hope you enjoy.
  • I can't wait to see what people do with these. These will look great with any of your kits.
  • edited June 2023
    Outstanding work on this latest release,
    I can't wait to get mine done and on the dios.