visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Thanks! Love these so much.
  • Those are awesome.
    perfect for produce barrels outside a store or cookhouse to lift the lid off easily to retrieve the potatoes, onions, carrots etc.

I also appreciate the variations in the lids/tops,
    that is soooo much better than having them all the same like other manufacturers do.
    Who among us wants everything the same all the time.

Brett delivers once again with the small things that make a big difference.
  • Will the bullets be in O scale or in HO.... , :smiley:
  • Today, tomorrow, and Friday, I want to give you a sneak peek each day at my three new 3D Printed Tractor kits! Today I reveal the Farmall Model “C”. Tomorrow I will feature the Ford 600, and Friday the John Deere Model “D”. On Saturday the 22nd at 8am Central, they will be available to order on my website along with the Fordson Model “F” which is available now. They will be in stock (as is all my 3D Printed parts) in HO and O Scales, and will ship very quickly.

The Farmall C was produced during the 1940’s and 1950’s although weathered correctly, I believe they look appropriate anytime after 1935 or so. Farmall was a part of International Harvester and originally sold for $1500. This was a very popular tractor and just under 80,000 were manufactured. It was the predecessor to the “Super C” which was even more popular. I just love the overall feel of this classic, especially the iconic front wheel assembly. A quick internet search will show how versatile this tractor was as it was widely used in agriculture, mining, and the lumber industry.

Farmall01
  • Very nice. I saw one of these driving toward me down the road a few weeks ago, it is a beautiful tractor. I love the offset steering mechanism. This will look great in so many scenes on your dioramas.
  • edited April 2023
    that looks fantastic! very realistic looking.
    i drove one of those for a summer job in high school. it had a mower implement behind it and it was my job to cut all the vacant lots in the town (at that there were alot of em). we had that one, an old ford, and a massey ferguson, and once in a great while we'd race.
    it was a municipal job, so the complaints came flying in......
  • Just an outstanding piece of work.
    It looks amazing, very well done.
  • Oh my gosh… my wish list keeps growing…..guess I need to start moving some of the wish list to a buy list
    Terry
  • Thanks so much, really pleased with how this turned out!
  • i will be ordering that one in the future. or maybe my wife will get it for me for my birthday. or father's day. or saturday.....
  • Brett, all the tractors are real beauties. I could not decide which one I would choose first!!!
  • Hey Brett, since you are on this tractor kick, how about a 3D printed tractor of a Caterpiller D8H 46A dozer!
  • Yesterday I revealed the Farmall Model “C”. Today I am going to jump forward a decade and am happy to present the Ford 600. Tomorrow I will post the John Deere Model “D”. On Saturday the 22nd at 8am Central, they will be available to order on my website along with the Fordson Model “F” which is available now. They will be in stock (as is all my 3D Printed parts) in HO and O Scales, and will ship very quickly.
    The Ford 600 Series tractors began production in 1954, and continued until 1957. Although many of these tractors were made, they are very collectible due to their smaller size and favorable design. Many are still in use today on small and large farms alike due to their power and functionality. I love this tractor as it exemplifies the design ascetics of the 1950’s. The resurgence of the Art Deco movement is front and center in the clean and rounded lines of the hood design. This tractor looks like a race car when compared to the older John Deere and Fordson designs! This little beauty was manufactured in Highland Park Michigan and originally sold for $2056. This tractor is the ultimate example of a versatile design and was a very popular model in its day. The Ford 600 is the most modern of my tractor releases, I had to include it in the line-up!

Ford600_01
  • awesome!
  • Another incredible model and some outstanding finishing and painting.
    These are fantastic additions to SWSM.
    Very well done.
  • Lots of great detail, even a shifter with a ball on top! Eye popper!
  • Awesome work Brett !!!
  • edited April 2023
    I love the 600 series Ford tractor, especially since I have one in my barn. As stated, the 600 series was made in the early to mid 50's. I just love the red and grey paint scheme of this tractor. The N series preceded the 600 series and looks very similar in design though I think the 600 has a slightly sleeker, art deco hood. The Ford 9N came out in 1939, The 2 N came out in 1942 and the 8N came out in, you guessed it, 1948. The 9N and the 2N had an all-grey paint scheme and the 8N started the grey and red scheme. I used to own a 9N that was painted entirely "Ford blue". I don't know if that was painted over the original grey or if someone repainted it but I have seen many of these old Ford tractors painted blue.
    I think this tractor model could be at home in any era of modeling from the late 30's to present day.
    I have this tractor and still use it to mow my pasture. It is an incredible machine and though it is 70 years old, it still starts up immediately.
  • Ford 640 side(1)
    My baby
  • Thanks everyone, I appreciate the great feedback.

Jim, wow! What a beauty. Thanks for sharing your "baby", looks just like the SWSM 3D Printed model!
  • The wait is almost over! Tomorrow, Saturday the 22nd at 8am Central, all four tractor kits will be available to order on my website. They are in stock (as is all my 3D Printed parts) in HO and O Scales, and orders ship out very quickly.
    A question I have been asked is “how many parts are included in these kits?” One of the amazing qualities of 3D Printing is that I can “pre-assemble” many of the parts prior to printing. This was impossible when the only available techniques of casting available to me was white metal and hand-poured resin. You will be blown away when you see how simple these kits are to assemble, paint, and weather. They vary from only 5 to 10 separate parts!
    For the final sneak peek, let’s take a look at the John Deere Model “D”. Is there a more iconic symbol of early American engineering and manufacturing prowess than this Deere? Production began in 1923 at the Deere Waterloo Iowa production facility where over 55,500 were eventually manufactured. This model kit is suitable for early 1920 modelers all the way up to 1960’s. The versatile “D” was able to operate on gasoline, kerosene, or tractor fuel. Probably the most fun to paint of the four, I simply loved breaking out the green and yellow paint, what an amazing combination! I find little doubt that these colors were inspired by the green and yellow of all that Iowa corn being harvested but there is a bit of controversy among the tractor historians, whatever…

Deere01
  • Amazing !!!
    Nothing else to say.
    Excellent work.
  • Dang it Brett! You keep making things that I absolutely must have.

That big 'ol wheel on the side makes me think mobile power station.
  • Thanks to everyone for the kind words about my four tractors! This was such a fun project, feeling kinda sad to wrap it up - but I have lots more new details to come. Today I am posting a “family portrait”. They’re now live on my website and available to order. I have a good stock level on hand and will be shipping this weekends orders out Monday and Tuesday. Once the stock is depleted new orders will ship at the end of the week.

You can find these and all of my 3D Printed products here:

https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/3DP.html

IMG_0403
  • Amazing how you’ve reduced the parts count!
  • Placed my order. Christmas in late April. Yippee!!!
  • if my wife calls you asking what i want for my birthday, please tell her the ford. :)
  • They look great.
  • Working on the tractors. This one has been neglected a bit and left to rust under the shade of an old Oak tree.

IMG_1572(2)
  • Great work Jim, and wonderful photography blending in the background.
    That old oak tree needs a yellow ribbon...