visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• edited April 2023
    Thanks Karl. I was thinking of adding a woodpecker because I made part of the trunk of the tree damaged. Yellow ribbon is a good idea too; maybe I should try both. Also thinking of a "for sale" sign pointing toward the tractor. Decisions, decisions.
  • Wow, what a great picture. Did you take it?
  • Jim M said:

Working on the tractors. This one has been neglected a bit and left to rust under the shade of an old Oak tree.

IMG_1572(2)

That is one great scene Jim !!!!
  • Tractor looks right at home. Great job.
  • What an awesome scene! Love everything about it.
  • Jim,
    Creativity "par excellant"
  • Thanks so much guys. It's all in the details.
  • Great work Jim. nice composition. very natural.
  • Great photo! Everything is so well done.
  • Thanks Joel and Tom, really appreciate the comments.

My friend Bill checking out the old tractors. Actually, these are just lined up to show. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them in the diorama yet. I still have much to do.
    IMG_1587(1).JPG

IMG_1594(1)

Love these old beauties. These 3D printed details are awesome.

IMG_1583(2)
  • Excellent work and finishing Jim. Beautiful details.
  • Oh, and the corrugated roofing looks great too.
    Just right, aged but not leaking, yet.
  • they look like they'll fit right in at blue sky.
  • Looks great, and old tractor museum
  • They all look great.
  • What a fine collection you've got there !!! Beautiful work ,both Jim and Brett !!
  • Excellent job on these Jim!
  • Great collection of iconic tractors! Nicely finished and weathered.
  • Thanks guys, I can't wait to see what all of you do with these tractors.
  • Really admiring that red tractor Jim..... the colors came out phenomenal. In my eyes the black on the rubber tires came out perfectly
  • Thanks Mike. Rubber tires are just black paint, and when dry, I just hit it with white pastel chalk.
  • Outstanding job there! Wow, just wow.
  • Thanks Jim, I will remember that!
  • You're welcome, Mike. It's right out of Brett's manual.

25 Years ago when I was fortunate to purchase the CHB Models line from Charlie Brommer, I discovered two missing brass masters out of the hundreds I received. One of them was the tiny clevis that accompanies this small riggers block. Unfortunately Charlie passed away before he could locate it and I never got around to mastering a new one. So, fast forward and here we have finally closed the loop and issued this block in 3D Printed resin! Suitable for multiple scales and she is a real beauty! Available right now for immediate shipment (like all of my 3D Printed kits and parts). Check it out here on my website:
    https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/3DP_CHB.html
  • I love how this line is developing. I know I sound like a broken record with this but in the same vein as these are meant to be multi scale static details. It would be awesome to get batches of shackles to match the thickness/size of what is in the 12 or 16" or even 24" blocks. I'm not exactly sure what costing would be like, but it seems like you could print a whole bunch at once, sell them kind of in bulk, similar to the printed bottles. It would be awesome to get a whole bunch, some of each size, and be able to just scatter them around and make little piles of them on the decks of flat cars, or a yarder, or what have you. The texture that makes a scene have depth. Same would go for chokers, hooks and the dogs (same as hooks?).
  • Thanks for the great idea Ben, something I will def look into costing, etc...
  • Here my tractor I just finished
  • Shay987, I can't see any picture. I'm very much eager to see what you did with the tractor but nothing showed up.
  • I’m trying to get the pictures up. Right now I don't have a computer to use,