visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Looks good Art, Nice job.
    Cant wait to see it on a dio.
  • O Scale Farmall 'C'
    001b
  • That came out really good....the worn paint is perfect...
  • Thanks so much Art.
  • Love the truck build.
  • Awesome job Art, love the truck!
  • Tractor turned out GREAT Karl! Like how you captured how the paint is worn down to metal on the seat, steering wheel and the front corner of the hood. Just enough grease/grime build up to show a used and maintained tractor.
  • Great work on a fantastic kit !!!
  • HO John Deere model 'D'

s006
  • Same comment :smiley: Great work on a fantastic kit !!!
  • edited September 2023
    Thank you Tom and Robert, these are little gems.
  • Seems like I haven't done much modeling this summer. Now that we are officially in fall I though I'd get something done and I couldn't wait to tackle one of the tractors. Found this interesting paint scheme from pics online.
    IMG_1232
    IMG_1235
  • Love that tractor. I've never seen that paint scheme but you nailed it. Fenders look great.
  • Love it Bryan! Fantastic color choices and weathering.
  • Great job on that paint Bryan!

Jerry
  • Thanks guys. I was taken by the paint scheme also. The reference tractor is listed for sale online so there were multiple shots of it. I almost added a front bumper from brass stock and some wiring on the motor, but backed off of those ideas.
  • Great little tractor. Love the wear and tear
  • Nice work! Weathering is GREAT!
  • Bryan,
    Great model "C" tractor.
    Later, Dave S, Tucson, AZ
  • Fantastic job on that "Ford 600" tractor Bryan, weathering and paint are so very well done, great scheme too.
  • NIce work Bryan !!!!
  • Max Corey's wonderful work on the incredible HO version of the newly released Lathe.
    Beautiful colouring and 'wear'n'tear' shown by Max.
    Not overdone but really shows a hard working machine.
    Incredible that all this detail is in HO scale and done so well.

MaxCoreyLathe
  • Great paint job, You would never know that was HO scale. Very well done. I can't wait to see the next installment.
  • Now that’s some nice weathering!
  • Beautiful
  • Nicely done Max! Looks the part for sure.
  • edited October 2023
    I don't know if this belongs in the 3D thread or not, but since much of the components are 3D prints, I thought I'd add it here. I was surprised at how much is involved in this little kit. It's not hard, there is just much more to this little kit than you realize there would be. I made a little mistake on this one which I will clean up on the others, but I really enjoyed putting this together. These will eventually be part of the sawmill diorama if I ever get around to starting on that. I have a little bit more "dirtying up" to do on it, but I'm happy with it so far.

IMG_1851(3)
  • You should be happy, nice result !!
  • Detail of mine.