visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Looking great Art, kit looks fantastic. You should start a new thread for your build so people can find it easier in the future and see what you are doing.
    The paint job is coming along so well.

• Will do...and Thanks....
  • Nothing runs like a Deere.

IMG_2037
    IMG_2039
  • Nice work there Jim.

• Very nice!
  • Holy Cow….nice work
    Terry
  • Mighty fine work Jim!
  • Nice paint job.
  • Fantastic Jim, the paintwork is beautiful as is the sbutle weathering, fantastic job on everything.
  • Great work !!!
  • Looks amazing. Captured a well used tractor. Not derelict. Very nice.
  • Nice looking tractor Jim. Well done sir.
  • edited January 12
    While I don't post much, I am on this site almost every day reading and learning from all you outstanding modelers. I just finished O'Neill's which I really enjoyed building, but also finished up the Ford TT and generators, which I thought I would share as these were awesome builds and look great when done. My hat's off to Brett for these outstanding models, and for those of you that posted to "train" me to do a better build. Thanks.

Of course it would help if I knew how to upload pics. Thought I knew how but I guess not.
  • Be sure to review the sticky thread on uploading a photograph located here:

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/index.php?p=/discussion/738/how-to-upload-a-photograph?new=1

If you're still having uploading problems email me one file and I will let you know what is wrong.
  • Thanks to Brett's tutelage I was able to adjust my picture size so they fit. Still learning LOL
  • Well it looks like you don't need to do any more learning how to build the trucks and compressors. Good looking models. Randy
  • Very nicely done! Keep it coming!
  • Thanks guys. I appreciate it and hey Randy, maybe I'll just build these (LOL).
  • What a great fleet of trucks. ........
  • Beautiful job on the trucks and compressor.
  • Thanks Carl and Jim. I loved building these and have another to put together. My next build will be the Best 60 tractor. Several of you have excellent examples of what this should look l ike, and I'm looking forward to getting this started. I also have about 85 O scale figures to paint and then add to the various SWSM kits I've completed. Then i need to decide which kit to build next. Probably Blue Sky Company but we'll see. Take care.

George
  • edited January 14
    Those trucks look fantastic George, very nicely done. Beautifully weathered.

I finished up the 3D parts for the oil change scene recently.

sw005
  • I love this Karl. I have the same kit but haven't weathered mine yet. I am impressed by the handle on the bucket as I can never get that right but your looks awesome.
  • The trucks and the compressors are just gorgeous George! Are they the O Scale version, I would assume so based on the size on the 1,2,3 blocks?

Beautiful details Karl...that's going to be a nifty scene.

• Thanks George, the handle is printed on there I just put some silver paint on it.
    Thanks Ken, appreciated.
  • Good Evening Ken:
    Thanks Ken. That is high praise coming from one of my modeling mentors (yes, Karl, you are another). You are right in that I model in O scale. My train is On30. I couldn't even see to build an HO scale so my hat is off to those that do. A lot better eyes than mine.

Hey Karl, I didn't see a handle on my bucket so I'll have to look again. I know when building Brett calls for handles to be put on the paint cans and I can never get that right. Either the bend in the wire isn't right, the wire length is too long, after gluing it comes off. I probably need to work at it more but thanks for the information.

Thank you both for the kind words.
  • edited January 15
    A couple pics of the O scale Blacksmith kit. Trying to figure out an arrangement in the Logging & Tractor Repair as well.
    blacksmith2
    blacksmith1
  • Excellent detail work Emery! Your finish work on these are superb. Scene arrangement is always trying, but a fun process none the less.
  • Great job Emery. Everything looks terrific.