visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• It is a nice system to keep the parts organized.
  • Thanks much Art! I use a simple brown AI solution which gives the needed translucency.

Thanks Brett...starts with a 3D printed part that is detailed so well and in the optimum resin for the part.

Appreciate that Robert.

• Nice! Really like the partially filled oil bottles! Aren't these fun to work with?
  • They sure are Tom. Haven’t done a full rack yet like you have.
  • Failed to mention. The bottle was masked off with a thin strip of painters tape to get the hard line separation. This of course will be hard to see amongst all the clutter of a diorama scene...fun none the less!

IMG_4133
  • Now you just have to make sure that you place it in the right angle so the oil inside the bottle is horizontal, but you knew that, right !! :)
    Great detail .
  • Tipped bottle with the oil level was just for fun, will never show up when placed in the actual scene. The ones I’m using for my work will be either empty or partially filled but not tipped like that. Not many instances where that would actually happen! Thanks Robert.
  • Place that tipped bottle on the top of a crate full of junk!
  • Yeah...that would work!
  • edited August 2022
    IMG_2325

Working on a brand new group of details including an expanded selection of "glass" bottles.

In addition, I will have more of the hand weathered O Scale Battle Worn detail groups next month. The first batch of these sold out in 15 minutes! I know a lot of you have been looking for these so make sure you're signed up for my newsletter.
  • Awesome additions to the detail collection. I have lost count of how many I have included in the interior of my Shelby's build alone!
  • Great looking bottle and jar styles, always great to have such a varied and high quality selection.

Looks like a set of 'shine jars may be appearing on my next build...
  • Brett - I thought you had already knocked it out of the park with the 3D bottles but these new bottles and jars give us even more modeling opportunities with details that exist no where else. Thanks again!
    I'm also anxious to see the new Battle Worn details. I think its exciting that we have a chance to own something from the master himself.
  • AWESOME !!!!!!
  • Somebody's going to try filling up one of those mason jars with nails.
  • brownbr said:

Somebody's going to try filling up one of those mason jars with nails.

karl, i think the gauntlet has been dropped....
  • edited August 2022
    brownbr said:

Somebody's going to try filling up one of those mason jars with nails.

kebmo said:

karl, i think the gauntlet has been dropped....

Already figured out, (I think), just waiting till I get the new awesome jars to try it... hopefully... haha

• Exciting yo see all the new 3D details becoming available.
  • edited October 2022
    HO Pepsi Machine / Cooler, (because I didn't have a Coke label).

Coke Chest 01
    Coke Chest 02

HO Bottles on HO ice...

Coke Chest 05
  • Just fantastic stuff. Every release is so exciting.
  • Ice, of course! wonderful...
  • Finished up an HO Scale Hand Truck from Brett's 3D collection and its going in Shelby's as we speak!

IMG_4190
  • IMG_2330

Open mason jar all ready for Karl. I'll let him add the nails, I just tossed a few scraps of stripwood in to show how cool this piece is. New details coming next month including the new bottles and jars!
  • that hand truck... wowie Ken!
  • Thanks much Brett! That detail on the hand truck is just nuts! Those jars...whaaaat!
  • edited August 2022
    Awesome, the open printed jars were my plan 'B', they are just perfect !!!

Much better and easier than my plan 'A', which was to drill the jar out. Amazing stuff !!

Outstanding result on the Hand Truck Ken.
  • I agree, that 3D printed Hand Truck of Brett's is about as nice a 3D detail part as I have seen. It just details itself!

Ice in the cooler!...whaaat! Can't believe this stuff.
  • edited August 2022
    Thanks Brett and Ken, unfortunately I messed up the finish on the open lid while trying to adjust the finish for a real close up of the interior.
    So, I'll need to strip and redo the lid itself, therefor I'm not showing it, but for now, here is a cropped image of just the inside. Amazing that the HO bottles are printed inside the open cooler.

Coke Chest 06
  • Just amazing!
  • Incredible job on the details guys, wow. Love the Mason jars, what a great detail.