visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• I needed A Pepsi ice machine for my Stump Creek tool shed so I thought I would join in the fun with Brett's 3D models. I am no where near the quality of the modelers on this forum especially when it comes to detail parts but I thought I would at least give it a try. There is no ice in the machine yet but once I get some clear acrylic, I'll give that a try as well. I'm including the picture of the machine I found on line that fit my era.
    Picture1

tempImageKyFeaI

tempImage4g3IX7

Thanks again Brett for developing these incredible details. I can't believe you printed the mason jar open. What a detail!!

And fabulous work Ken and Karl on the soda machine and hand truck. Thanks for all the inspiration!
  • The sky is the limit with those details. Just fantastic.
  • Karl.A said:

Thanks Brett and Ken, unfortunately I messed up the finish on the open lid while trying to adjust the finish for a real close up of the interior.
    So, I'll need to strip and redo the lid itself, therefor I'm not showing it, but for now, here is a cropped image of just the inside. Amazing that the HO bottles are printed inside the open cooler.

Coke Chest 06

leave it to me to address the elephant in the room. what did you use for the ice? salt?
  • Great job on the Pepsi machine Steve. Color and weathering are perfecto! Gonna look great with your Tool Shed for sure.
  • IMG_2331

Here's a new detail that really shows off the 3D Printing capabilities. The large grease bucket, handle attached but standing out from the bucket body. Very fragile but so very cool. I placed the figure in for size reference, like a 5 gallon paint bucket. Drop a handle in and there you go.
  • Thank you Brett. It really means a lot to me coming from a real artist as yourself.

And the hits just keep on coming! Now thats a bucket! The handle on the grease bucket looks like a separate piece of wire not a 3D print. Please let us know when this latest round of details are ready to order. I've already started another long list.
  • A whole lot of excellent work on all these tiny detail parts. Unbelievable!! Keep posting the pics. So enjoyable to see what all of you are coming up with!!
  • Karl.

Can you share a tutorial on making ice cubes? Yours are really very "cool".

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • edited August 2022
    Terrific job on the Pepsi machine Steve, weathering is just right, dirty but not destroyed, the label/logo turned out perfect, and i really like the blue,nicely done.

I had already finished painting mine red for Coke before I realised I only had a Pepsi label, oh well, also, I was changing the lid to metal when I messed it up, I'll fix it tonight as I like the way yours came out.

• Handle on the grease bucket is really very cool, so glad to see them come out like that as that is the way I drew them on the lunch pails I drew but wasn't 100% sure if they'd print OK.
    More greatness...
  • Those jars are amazing! Will they be hollow in HO scale as well? The soda coolers are really nice too. And Ken I haven't tried the hand truck yet, but yours turned out really nice! Here's my shop stove.

20220823_113411 Resize
  • Great looking cooler Steve!…weathering is spot on.

Nice work in the stove Tom! I haven’t worked one up yet, but after seeing your fine work, I think I’ll give it a go.

That bucket with handle is just amazing…
  • (Sensory overload!)
  • You guys are stepping it up 2 notches.
  • Hey Tom, is that stove O Scale...my HO scale stove doesn't have a separate door that can be positioned open.
  • edited August 2022
    Dang, you guys..... My next to play with was going to be the "Hand Trucks" (HO and O) then Ken posted his. So instead I thought I'd do the "Shop Stove" (O) and then Tom instantly posted his great results.
    Luckily I still have a good selection to choose from, so I'm going to get to priming before I decide.

Great work by all, awesome to see all Brett's hard work 'coming to life' !

Keep the pics flowing !!!
  • Ken, it's HO. I ordered several and all of them have the door attached in that open position. What I found interesting when painting inside the stove that it's hollow! I know in the description of it on the website it says that it's partially hollow for potential lighting purposes, but I was amazed how much room there was inside, even HO. Awesome details! I like working with them! Can't wait to see what comes out next. Looking forward to the jars and that bucket.
  • hmm. i guess i'd better get going on my oil barrel and stand....
  • You and me both Kev, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    I think I'll pick something else too.
  • edited August 2022
    Well, I still can't get this new phone to take pics how I like, or the lighting for it right, but ...

Here's a couple of pics of the wonderful O Scale 3D Shop Heater.

heater 001
    heater 002

Lit up ...

• Karl - Looks just like an old steel barrel that's been subjected to a lot of heat. Great work as usual. I can't get the video to play when I click on it. Would've to see the fire flicker. Not sure if its me or a setting on the forum. Either way very inspirational.
  • edited September 2022
    Thanks Steve, the minimal rust effects, soot above the door and ash below the door dont seem to be showing up, I'll figure out pics (this new phone) again soon, when I stop working so much... haha

You should just be able to click the play button, but I guess its browser dependent,
    Try right clicking it...

I'm trying to figure a way to post the link without the forum software auto embedding the video...
  • Put a 'h' at the front of the link below so that it starts " https:// "
    That will work for you.

ttps://youtu.be/Y0kqKuIq8Jc
  • That worked! The lighting effects really add to the overall effect. One of my favorite things about modeling in O scale is the ability to add lighting effects. I realize it can be done in HO as well, it's just a bit easier in O.

I've retyped the link with the notorious missing "H". So if anyone else is having difficulty, it is just a cut and paste. Here you go:

The crustiness and ash definitely show well in the video. Love it~!
  • Ohhh. Now I see why you left off the "H"
  • I'm slower than most.
  • Karl, very cool. Nice work.
  • Thanks Jim,
    It's a great piece of work, to work with.
  • Wow, amazing what can be achieved…
  • I want one!...