visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Karl’s mason jar post makes my day! New frontiers!
  • Thanks for the kind words Steve, glad my posts are useful.

Great result on your cooler/machine, it really came out good.
    I'm looking forward to doing my O'scale one soon too.

Nice selection of parts you have there to work on.
  • edited September 2022
    Thanks so much Alan.
  • Ben - Congratulations on your first place MOW award in Seattle! The flanger caboose is such a unique model. Congrats
  • Thanks Steve! It was a fun piece to build
    SteveF said:

Ben - Congratulations on your first place MOW award in Seattle! The flanger caboose is such a unique model. Congrats

• Congrats Ben, very well deserved.
  • Fine looking caboose there Ben. Well deserved. Congrats sir.
  • You were right Ben…the SWSM jacket put it over the top! Congrats.
  • My friend was at the convention and commented on the flanger caboose. Well done!...Rick
  • edited September 2022
    I don't want to detract from this thread being about the details. I appreciate all the kind words, you can PM me with anything. If you want to look at build pictures and my messy work bench there is a set here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cardstock/albums/72177720301907148

Also if you go into my photo stream there are a whole mess of pictures of the modular layout I belong to (Moose Creek Logging Co) as well as Hangman Creek from this past weekend. Both feature Sierra West stuff throughout.

I am going to build something sierra west related soon, I swear. I have a big enough stack of the kits here.
  • Ben great model in Tacoma. Could have been Best of Show. I'm glad to see Hangman's Creek was there and I got to see it again. As usual the show stopper! I put in a bid that was unanimously approved to host the 2026 NNGC in the Twin Cities and there is a chance we will be able to see it there as it will be our neighbor.
  • fire extinguisher, after paint, before weathering.
    this thing is cool.fire extinguisher
  • Very nice. Great looking wall behind it too.
  • Nice! Perfect colors Kevin. Little weathering and another fantastic 3D detail! I’m with Bryan, love the weathered siding.
  • Kev… I third Ken and Bryan’s comment….great looking scene all the way around!!!
    Terry
  • Nice crisp painting on the detail. I agree a little weathering and it will be good to go.
  • Excellent! One of my favorite details.
  • Looks fantastic Kev, the lines and definition between the colours and different components is so clean and crisp.
    Can't wait to see it when you take it to the next step and weather it.
    Very nicely done so far.
    An awesome detail part to be sure.
  • The details really make such a difference. great work.
  • sorry fellas, i forgot to get a pic of the fire extinguisher so here's one in situ:
    fire extinguisher in situ
  • Bonus points on the safety tag
  • brownbr said:

Bonus points on the safety tag

Ditto,

Very nicely done Kevin.

• Love it, that tag is superb!
  • you guys are just being nice....
  • Totally agree on the tag. Very nice touch.
  • Nicely detailed scene Kevin.
  • brett's propane tank is behind the garbage can.
  • Detailing of the detail parts! Great idea and great execution!
  • Great job Kevin!
  • Kevin - I love your detail work on the fire extinguisher. your painting is so precise and the weathered brass looks just right. The label and tag put it on another level. I just painted one for my tool shed but may have to borrow at least your label idea. Well done!! and definitely one of my favorite of Brett's new 3D details.