visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Brett, how about 3D tools. Wrenches, hammers...etc.
    Just another thought :smile:
  • Just catching up here. Amazing details and fantastic finish Karl
  • Happy Birthday Brett! Hope you have many more that way you'll be able to catch up to me!!

Jerry
  • Just having so much fun with these 3d printed parts. Just a couple of my favourites so far:IMG_1093
    IMG_1095
    IMG_1096
    Incredible detail, worth spending a bit of time trying to get them "right"
  • edited April 2022
    Thanks Joel and outstanding work by yourself, I still just keep staring at the coke bottles, esp the labels...
    I know you wanted to show off that awesome galvanised tub, but, I'm really liking that wooden barrel in the background of that pic too.

Great stuff.
  • the barrel really caught my eye too. sbs?
  • Nice coloring on the galvanized tub.
  • All of the parts are Outstanding! Those Coke bottles are Amazing! Really shows what' possible starting with a quality product.
  • edited April 2022
    016 a compressor
  • Wow! Beautiful work Karl.
  • Beautiful job Karl
  • Holy Smokers….well done
    Terry
  • edited April 2022
    Thanks Joel, Jim and Terry.

The detail on this detail part is outstanding, wish I could do it justice with the pics, but wanted to post some progress on it anyway so far.
    No chalk or air hose now as its final resting place isn't ready for a while yet and it will get much more handling until then.
    (I'm not too happy with the pics from this new phone, but I'll figure that out.)

I can't wait to work on the next parts from Brett, amazing stuff !!

Thanks again.
  • Those compressors look great.
  • Wow Karl! Nice weathering on that compressor.
  • Thanks for the comments Bryan and Tom,
    I'm thinking I'll have this one outside, discarded in the weeds and a newer one inside being used.
  • It would look cool if you mounted one on a skid
  • edited May 2022
    Indeed Bryan, it definitely looks cool...
    I guess that's why Brett beat us all to the idea back in 2007 ...

Brett's HO Main Street kit... Released 2007
    My shameless O Scale copy of his great work in... 2021

Seems to me like Brett is always leading the 'game' ... and a few steps ahead.
  • Karl, can you tell us what you use for your rust? Those are really great pieces.
  • edited May 2022
    Thanks Brian,
    The rust on the compressor was done with craft paints... burnt umber, burnt sienna and finally raw sienna for the streaks and lighter areas.
    Nothing else yet because it will get more handling, but it will probably get some chalks when it gets closer to the time for placement.
  • i love these gas cans.
    gas can
  • a better pic of the same can,better gas can pic
  • Kevin, great looking gas can. I love the rusted red sides. Randy
  • Excellent work Kevin! These detail parts of Bretts are just amazing...
  • Beautiful job painting it too.
  • Yup I love 'em too Kev, a wonderful 'original' detail and beautifully reproduced by Brett with exquisite detail.
    Good work on yours.
  • Kevin...make sure you post more of your Excellent detail work these SWSM 3D details, would love to see more.
  • I yielded to Brett's set of generic details yesterday. I also ordered the lone side shed. This will give me three small kits. I plan to put the tool shed, the rigging shed, and the line side shed all on one diorama. I will then have fifty extra detail parts for each building from the generic detail set. Kevin keep up the excellent work. Randy
  • had i seen karl's gas can i would have never posted mine. i've got a long way to go....
  • Kevin, stop it! We love your modeling and are always happy to see what you're working on. Post away anytime, you know that!