visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

E&TJRR builds

Comments

• Just reading this one sorry I didn't get to it sooner!

Nice woodworking on the framing.

And what you've done with the rock castings and scenery so far is very nice.

Your work on the kits is excellent wonderful coloring and detailing.

I assume this is HO or is it On30?

Jerry
  • On30 sir.
  • I promised to post a few more pictures as progression has been happening. Here is the RR Office completed and set into the layout. There is lots of scenery yet to complete, as I just started grass, bushes, trees, roads, etc today.
    It did not start off so well this morning, as I was ballasting the spur, my fat hand bumped the gooseneck out front on the warehouse and snapped it off. That will be fun soldering back together now. Oh well.camp3
    camp4
    camp5
    camp6
    camp7
    camp8
    camp9
  • Great looking section Emery. You do your water first...I called it!
  • That last shot is my favorite... looking over the tool shed into the office scene is such a seamless transition. They go so great together and you did a fantastic job on them both.
  • edited December 2022
    Great job Emery! Everything is turning out nicely. Can't wait to see the final product.
  • Beautiful looking scene!!

Jerry
  • Emery - great progress. Love the scene so far.
  • Thank you everyone. Still plugging away with scenery and ballasting. Hope to have more pictures in the coming days. Appreciate all the support.
  • What an awesome scene. Love how it's all coming together with the bridge leading you into the scene.
  • Emery.
    A layout build is not for the faint of heart so be very proud of your progress.
  • Looks Great
  • EmeryJ, very nice scene. Great color on all the buildings. Randy
  • Thanks again everyone. You said a mouthful there Carl! This was a bit more than I wanted, but as progression is happening, I am super happy with taking the time to make it happen. After all, I did want a hobby to last for the rest of my days. I certainly found it.
  • edited January 2023
    This area is complete as far as I am going to take it for now. May add a few 3d details and some trees later. As you can see, the alcohol/glue is not quite dry yet around the road, but was excited to finish and post the results.
    Hey Bryan.... that GreenKeeper 55kv is the poo for grass!!!! Only zapped myself once. OUCH! It does have a kick to it.
    camp10
    camp11
    camp12
  • Sure does look good Emery
  • What a great scene, looks fantastic.
  • Glad its working for you Emery. I zapped myself also changing out containers. Made a note to myself to not do that again.

When dry, start adding some random weeds and debris. Some taller dead clumps made with jute twine look nice along with some dried leaves put through the blender.
  • Great looking scene
  • Adding the scenery really makes it come to life. Nice work.
  • Thanks everyone. Time to move to another area and finish getting the landscape ready for the next couple models. Undecided yet, but may try get some of the big bridges in so I can see a train run again.
    Appreciate all the support.
  • Always such a treat to see my kits in a layout setting! Outstanding...
  • Your grass came out great Emery, i havent played with my static thingy yet.
  • Hi Emery,
    Your layout is really huge, just great.
  • Preparing for the next model build. I wanted to get everything at the back done so I wont be reaching over any models.
    There is some more landscaping in progress (tunnel on the left), but you get the general idea. Hopefully within the next couple weeks, I can complete melding in the upper landscape and paint the rest of the cliff rocks.background1
    background2
    background3
    background4
  • A little more painting done today. I will need to let all this dry for the second wash.background5
  • i'm green with envy....
  • Nice rock work & coloring.

Jerry
  • No need to be Kevin. I wish I was as good of a modeler as you :smile:
    Thanks Jerrry. Appreciate that.
    I really can't wait for the day I get to pull down that ugly plastic and see the unobstructed view of the backdrop. It has been this way for almost 3 years now.
  • EmeryJ said:

No need to be Kevin. I wish I was as good of a modeler as you :smile:
    Thanks Jerrry. Appreciate that.
    I really can't wait for the day I get to pull down that ugly plastic and see the unobstructed view of the backdrop. It has been this way for almost 3 years now.

c'mon emery.....