visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

E&TJRR builds

Comments

• Excellent job with that rock face. Did you use the Bragdon light weight stuff or plaster?
  • This is the lightweight resin and foam combo. I bet it does not weigh 2 lbs.
  • Lots of irons in the fire, but managed to get some more work done on the scenery. Slow but sure. This is going to be the elevated location for the Rail Road Camp. The last picture shows the beginning of a river that will flow along the track and under the entrance to the RR camp area. (no bridge built yet).FoamRibs
    Shell1
    RiverShell1
  • This is very impressive and looks fantastic!!
    How many months/years at this point in your project?
    Wish I had a basement!! Calif has no basements to do this!!
    Or if I were rich in so calif I would have 6 bedroom house like 5k sq feet and one for my big man cave :smiley:
    Keep up your great work!!!
  • A bit more progress. Getting ready for the river and waterfall. The rocks have not been painted yet, just initial blackening of the recesses. I think I may try do some painting today. 3D printer is busy printing all the little fish that swim in the river. The grizzly bear fishing is ready to be painted too.

This month marks the first year since I started building the benchwork.
    RiverRocks
    CliffsWaterfall
  • Rock looks great, impressive.
  • Emeryl, looks fantastic!
    Cant wait to see more or your progress.
    I am jealous wishing I had more room to do this.
  • Very good looking rocks !!!
  • What an awesome cliff. The detail and texture is fantastic. Cannot wait to see more!
  • Emeryl, I certainly miss having a layout. Your work looks great. Nice rock faces. Can’t wait to see the waterfall. Phil
  • Love the cliffs.
  • Painted cliff walls.painted cliff
  • A few of us were yapping last spring about the Greenkeeper 55kv static grass applicator. Well, I can now say it is outstanding. It will light your ass up if used incorrectly. (hmmm)
    This is 3 of 5 layers of static grass put down. Pretty decent meadow for a first time jingle ass like me.rivergrass
  • fantastic work EmeryL !!
    Can't wait to see more of your progress
  • I maybe should have waited to take the picture when the glue dried and turned clear. Oops.
  • Rock coloring is great
  • I agree with Bryan, love the cliff wall. Really enjoying watching this come together!
  • So when you’re feeling a little tired, without inspiration to work on the layout, think Greenkeeper!
  • My very first SWSM completed. It turned out beyond my expectation all due to a great set of instructions. I had no idea what I was doing when I started this. I have learned so much in this process. Thank all of you and Brett as well for the great help. Holding off on the grass, trees, and roads for now. My new phone camera sucks, so this is the best I can do with it.TR7
    TR6
    TR5
    TR4
    TR3
    TR2
    TR1
  • Nicely done!...love the lighted pics.
  • Great job. The lights add a lot to hte scene
  • What an awesome scene. I love the way the diorama is "perched" on the edge between the trestles.
  • EMERY.
    VERY NICE LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A GREAT LAYOUT GOOD WORK.
  • Well done !!!
  • Nice. I like the bridges a lot.
  • Great work. The lighting really adds a lot of drama. Very nice effect.
  • Thanks everyone. Ironically I am riding a train right now in the piney woods of east texas. Fun stuff.
  • EmeryJ, I love seeing the build on your layout. Very well done. Phil
  • Hey Karl, I finally got these pictures resized. More progress has been made, but I will take some more pictures later. Hope you like it.Hardshell1
    Hardshell2
    Hardshell3
    Hardshell4
  • Wow, looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it in person, ton of progress...