visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Most Ambitious Build so far...The O Scale Sawmill..

Comments

• Robert is there an update on the Sawmill??

Jerry
  • edited December 2019
    Hi Jerry, guys, as I explained to Brett earlier, I had a bit of a set back. That is, my daughter , Gabrielle ( age34) , was diagnosed with lymph cancer so that took me away from modeling for a while. Fortunately she took the chemo very well and is as good as recovered. I did manage to paint all the castings, that needed less concentration and I could set my mind on other things than the disease. I will start again very soon, so no panic, as soon as things get back to normal, I will start posting again. There's a roof that needs to be mounted... :smile:
    I do follow every move you guys make and am happy many nice builds are being presented.

And like a rather famous Californian / Austrian , big guy once said..... I'll be BACK... :smiley:
  • Robert.
    So nice to here that Gabrielle is doing well that is a rough road. I had head and neck cancer last treatment ten years ago. I know how she feels but it will get better...Carl...
  • Wishing your daughter well.
  • You are all very kind. Thanks.
  • Robert so glad to hear your daughter is making progress. I'm sure all will be well. God Bless her.

Jerry
  • I am so happy Gabrielle is doing better! Great news my friend!
  • Robert, I am glad to hear Gabrielle responded well to the chemo. Good luck with everything and send her our best.
  • Robert...my best wishes to Gabrielle and your family...
    Terry
  • Thanks for you support guys. Everything will work out fine. ... Including the sawmill.. :smile: Just got to get used to seeing her without hair... But that will grow again.
  • Prayers for Gabrielle. That certainly puts things in proper perspective. So glad she's on the mend.
  • Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well....
  • me too robert.
  • Wonderful news Robert!
  • God Bless.

Jerry
  • Back in business, the wall from the maintenance room. As Brett stated in the manual, do not copy, rather try to get the feel of it. So I did and made extra shelves to put on stuff.
    I always try to get the logic in the placement of things. Why would a certain part hang, stand or be where it is ? Does it make sense ? It is easy to just scatter everything around, but does it feel right....
    Anyway, the beat goes on...

DSCN4089
    DSCN4090
    DSCN4091
    DSCN4092

• Looks fantastic Robert!...love the ladder and the hangers for it. Once again your wood tones are wonderful. That...coupled with your detail work, makes for a superior result, heck of a piece of work...Ken
  • Beautifully detailed as usual, I love the ladder hanging on the wall.
  • Robert, every time I look at one of your projects, I just love the details of your wood. The worn ladder rungs look just great.
  • as always, superb work. Great details.
  • Beautiful detailing.

Jerry
  • The ladder hooks are a clever idea.
  • Robert, texture. color and detailing on the wood is fantastic. That is one well used ladder, a nice touch. The labels on the cans is also nice.
  • The first mini scenes come to life. Whilst waiting for things to dry, I made the shelves, and placed the engine and boiler. Of course, more weathering and covering of the ground will be done later.

DSCN4093

DSCN4095

DSCN4097

:wink:
  • Robert.
    The boxes with the rope handles are so neat an the red and white oil drums so well done.
    O scale has some great detail nice work.
    ....Carl........
  • Very impressive. Great work.
  • Just amazing Robert. I am lost for words
  • Rope handles are great. Also, I'm looking at your sawhorses and the ones I just built, and mine make me sad.
  • Details on the first pic are superb!...Love the glass bottle.
  • Thanks guys, I do spend a lot of time searching for a natural layout in the composition of the different details. Like I was gonna make a painting. As I said before, there has to be a Logic in the placing of everything. I figured the rope handles would be a nice upgrade for the castings.

The sawhorses were modeled after the ones I use in my restoration workshop.

Soon more... :smiley: