visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Most Ambitious Build so far...The O Scale Sawmill..

Comments

• Master class!
  • Beautiful Robert!
  • Just fantastic Robert! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Amazing. Really fantastic craftsmanship.

Later, Dave S
  • You are making me want to build this kit again. Wonderful job.
  • Magnifico!
  • Incredible work. Lovely to watch. Thanks for posting
  • jaw dropping. no seriously, mine's on the floor right now.
  • No posts for thirteen days? I'm guessing you are working on that very large roof!

Mike S.
  • edited September 2019
    No Mike, I am working on the castings since I'm in Belgium now. Not in France where my sawmill is right now. Can't take it with me, but the castings I can. Soon pics. Thanks for following. ( and being curious... :smile: )
  • Robert, that was my other choice, besides the roof. There are so many of them, it really takes a while for the office and store room areas.

Mike S.
  • Beautiful work!!

Jerry
  • Since I have a lot of work professionally , the sawmill is a bit slow now. I did manage to paint all the castings. Also working on the office/ maintenance room walls. Soon pics of that.
    Here a few castings. Sorry for the bad quality of the pics, but they were taken under the work lights( it rains outside....)

DSCN3911

DSCN3912

DSCN3916

:wink:

• outstanding details! they look absolutely real. is that an actual sag in the lower shelf of the workbench, or is it a perceived sag?
  • Actual one. It's gonna be files with stuff , so the long years of heavy things stacked on that shelf made it to bend.... :smile:
  • Just the right amount of color!
  • Here are the interior walls. Office, maintenance, storage. As they are interior, they have a different kind of weathering. Less grey, they are not sun bleached, no rain to wash them so...

DSCN3948

DSCN3949

DSCN3950

DSCN3951

DSCN3952

DSCN3953

:smile:

• Beautiful work Robert. Love the shelf supports. Great stuff.
  • Are the supports in the kit?
  • Flat riveted pieces are in the kit. You bend them and put the a small piece of wire from end to end.
  • Wonderful Robert, attention to detail is impeccable as usual!
  • color is spot on!
  • edited October 2019
    playing with the castings.... Under the shelves will come a small workbench . Hence the height of the lowest shelf.

DSCN3958
  • What do you mean Ed flawless?. Robert created all the flaws on the siding and castings which get the WOW Factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Most excellent Robert.
  • Been working on the collection of trestles .

DSCN3964

• Great color and textures. Look WELL used!
  • They look terrific.
  • Fantastic!