visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Completely Unofficial O-scale Truck Repair build for Poets and Losers

Comments

• Eric, My intention wasn't mean spirited or trying to negatively critique your work. I was just adding my feedback for the changes and some ideas and questions I had about what you're doing.

• Steve, agreed! When a person gets hen-picked, he sometimes reacts poorly. My apologies!
  • Steve, my comment was NOT directed at you at all. I enjoy and appreciate your support very much on this project.

I am building a truck repair shop. The narrow gauge tracks are from a previous building that stood on the spot but burned. The tracks are basically abandoned but for one vintage gas-powered railcar. A vintage kit that blows my mind for detail. All cast metal.
  • I just took a close look at the reference photos of the work pit. I zeroed in on the hinges for the folding 'doors' that can cover the pit when not in use. Never would have thought of that and it's a nice feature to model. I have a work pit in a 2 stall engine house that I'll try to rework the wood floor to incorporate this in.
    1:1 reference photos are simply great
    Terry
  • Seabee, how did you know I was using the hinges thus? Anyway, gas pump today!IMG_7504
  • That pump looks a bit gay to me. You?
  • Gas pump has s smiley face on the globe so yea, it’s very happy
  • edited February 2021
    I'm not sure about its sexuality, and I'm sure nobody here cares, but,
    why didn't you use the pump from the kit, the SierraWest one is much more detailed

who makes this pump?
  • This one came with my kit, Karl.
  • That is most definitely not the pump that came with your kit. Absolutely not a SierraWest detail part. You got it mixed up Eric.
  • uh oh....
  • On the previous page you have the SierraWest gas pump body pictured. What happened to that?
  • I'm waiting for the clear globe bit. And need advice on how to color it, my venture above obviously didn't work. This is also obviously not a SW casting, and my attempts to tease Karl have ended in disgrace and failure. I will desist from humor or goofing around as much as I can, even if I've been locked in this house for a year now and have gone half insane.
  • I have named my building: PENOBSCOT FALLS GAS DEPOT. The owner is Cal Johnson.
  • Where can I get decals for my pump? Does SW produce those in this kit?
  • The pump in the Truck Repair kit does not have a sign topper so no sign was included. If you like I can send you the sign topper metal casting and signs.
  • Brett, no need. I'm enjoying this kit SO much. But I would like the glass bit that the gas fills into unless you know a way I can make one? Cheers!
  • Note the numbers on black inside the glass filler section. Found an amazing early photo!

Anyone of you ever notice that is straight-edged razor blade is EXACTLY 6 feet in 1/48th scale

IMG_7509
    IMG_7513
  • My crazy light.

IMG_7517
  • That axe is turning into a trademark....
  • Saturday. You guys have a GREAT weekend!

IMG_7528
  • There must be kind love in everyone's heart, right?

147064030_3487056074753582_7254983755718309515_o
  • Goofing around yesterday.

IMG_7545
    IMG_7546
  • Got to admit, all the support from you guys gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling!

IMG_7548
  • Nothing like the joy of friendship of railroad modelers!
  • My father in 1952.

ex (1) copy 3
  • Good=bye.
  • Very nice artwork!